BCAPL Nationals Question

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Just a question to my fellow BCAPL players. Didn't qualify in either my local or Vegas league this year. Planned on playing as a player member as in past years. BCAPL does not allow that entry anymore. Was suggested to me by other players to enter the CSI 8, 9 and / or 10 ball events. In past years, ANYONE was allowed to play. At 74, not going to waste either my money or time trying to beat Shane, Dennis or any of the other world beaters with a template winner breaks format.

How many of you, if any, noticed CSI changed the format to 720 Fargo max? I didn't till it was too late to get a reasonably priced flight and rental car. There are less than 200 players total for the three CSI events. If I'd have known earlier, I'd have come out to play. At least the 8 and 10 ball events. Do you think CSI could have done a better job promoting the change as they did the player member change? Is this sour grapes?

Lyn

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Just a question to my fellow BCAPL players. Didn't qualify in either my local or Vegas league this year. Planned on playing as a player member as in past years. BCAPL does not allow that entry anymore. Was suggested to me by other players to enter the CSI 8, 9 and / or 10 ball events. In past years, ANYONE was allowed to play. At 74, not going to waste either my money or time trying to beat Shane, Dennis or any of the other world beaters with a template winner breaks format.

How many of you, if any, noticed CSI changed the format to 720 Fargo max? I didn't till it was too late to get a reasonably priced flight and rental car. There are less than 200 players total for the three CSI events. If I'd have known earlier, I'd have come out to play. At least the 8 and 10 ball events. Do you think CSI could have done a better job promoting the change as they did the player member change? Is this sour grapes?

Lyn

Remember there is also now the US Open 8 ball and 10 ball events at Griffs that are there for the pro players. The CSI Singles (happening on the 7 footers at the main league area) show that you can be a CSI Member according to an email I just got from CSI that states the registration is open till July 15. It may be that the email was wrong and they are using an old template, but you should contact CSI and check on that. I think it's a $175 entry now, the US Open events are a lot higher. A 720 max is still playing with very good players, even low 700 range is still in the pro range or what many would call "Open" players, a bit over A players but would need spots from more solid pro players like Archer, Morris, SVB etc...

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Remember there is also now the US Open 8 ball and 10 ball events at Griffs that are there for the pro players. The CSI Singles (happening on the 7 footers at the main league area) show that you can be a CSI Member according to an email I just got from CSI that states the registration is open till July 15. It may be that the email was wrong and they are using an old template, but you should contact CSI and check on that. I think it's a $175 entry now, the US Open events are a lot higher. A 720 max is still playing with very good players, even low 700 range is still in the pro range or what many would call "Open" players, a bit over A players but would need spots from more solid pro players like Archer, Morris, SVB etc...

Nine,

Pretty sure I mentioned in my earlier post I'd prefer NOT to have to play Shane, Dennis, Jeffery, et al at 74. Do appreciate your suggestion though. Although you didn't specifically mention it, your knowledge of the 720 number means you were aware of the change.

Incidentally, I received the same e-mail this morning from CSI. No mention of the 720 thing anywhere. You'd think CSI would be doing what ever possible to increase the attendance numbers at Nationals. Pretty thin compared to past years. Thanks.

Lyn

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
Len,
The change was announced in a press release last September and has been included in several email blasts since then. It also is clearly laid out in our 2018 BCAPL World Championships Tournament Guide, which lists the requirements for every division at the annual tournament. The initial press release was on all of our social media pages, and announced here on AZ Billiards.
We try our best to communicate with customers and to let players know of changes that we make. But it's always a challenge.
But our website always has the most up-to-date information on tournament and league requirements and changes.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Players rated 720 and below can enter CSI 8-Ball, 9-Ball and 10-Ball divisions onsite, until 6 p.m. the night before a division begins.
For more information and the complete tournament schedule, visit http://www.playcsipool.com/2018-bcapl-wc.html.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
League qualified members who participate in the CSI Singles tourneys have NO LIMIT to their Fargo rating. For example, Rory Hendrickson (Fargo 725) is registered for all three CSI Singles events, but he is a qualified BCAPL league member.

Entry fee for the CSI Singles events is now $185 (thru July 15). On-site entry fee is $210.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine,

Pretty sure I mentioned in my earlier post I'd prefer NOT to have to play Shane, Dennis, Jeffery, et al at 74. Do appreciate your suggestion though. Although you didn't specifically mention it, your knowledge of the 720 number means you were aware of the change.

Incidentally, I received the same e-mail this morning from CSI. No mention of the 720 thing anywhere. You'd think CSI would be doing what ever possible to increase the attendance numbers at Nationals. Pretty thin compared to past years. Thanks.

Lyn

I did not mean to say you should go play in the US Open stuff, I meant that since those are happening, they probably placed the handicap limit on the league affiliated tournaments. I thought they always had different events for players, I remember something about an Open, Seniors, Advanced, etc.. divisions. I also remember wondering why the "Open" division was the lowest one since the term "Open Player" is used to describe someone just under Pro level.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Lyn

I didn't know about any of the changes for this year but I never went onto the website until pretty late in the game. Come to think of it, I usually hear what's going on through the grapevine, which isn't a really good source of information typically.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Lyn

I didn't know about any of the changes for this year but I never went onto the website until pretty late in the game. Come to think of it, I usually hear what's going on through the grapevine, which isn't a really good source of information typically.