Bad news- there's a thief amoungst us

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to have to report this but everyone playing in the New England area needs to be aware, Someone is stealing equipment. I've witnessed it first hand the last two times I've played. It sickens me to think someone would stoop to this level. Wasn't it a well known fact there was always honor amongst thieves.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to have to report this but everyone playing in the New England area needs to be aware, Someone is stealing equipment. I've witnessed it first hand the last two times I've played. It sickens me to think someone would stoop to this level. Wasn't it a well known fact there was always honor amongst thieves.
So who is it???? There was really nothing reported yet.

BVal

Ed Simmons

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you're going to put out a 6-state alert, you might want to give people some details.

androd

androd
Silver Member
Dont get involved.

Evidently they were stealing from a "thief" or you would have mentioned it somewhere besides here.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You witnessed it first hand,twice.And you did'nt wrap your cue around his head.
Well he might have a really expensive cue :) but yes he should have done something. House cues are only $10 usually.

BVal

GMAC

Flip it.
Silver Member
Come on Guys

SO you saw it, and know who did it.

Yet this is the post you make ?

weak

He didn't see the guy take the equipment he saw the guy screaming my cues are gone. He is just giving us a heads up if we are in the NE area playing in a tourney pay close attention to your equipment.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He didn't see the guy take the equipment he saw the guy screaming my cues are gone. He is just giving us a heads up if we are in the NE area playing in a tourney pay close attention to your equipment.
If that is the case he sure has an interesting way of doing it. A simple post like what you just posted would have been sufficient. imo.

BVal

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Maybe Tom got bit by the internet chasm (ummm, the intent of the written word does not fully get communicated). Perhaps he witnessed someone doing the freak-show dance. Ex:

:shocked2: Where's my case? Someone stole my case!!! :help:

Paging Mr Tom. Anyone have him on their Tom Tom?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mo Info

Without more details this thread accomplishes very little. Everyone knows that there are thieves in every corner of the universe, but without giving some details the OP is not helping anyone at all. I fail to understand the reason for this thread..

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the wording is a little weak

I suspect what Tom was trying to say is that he was at the pool hall when it happened. He'll correct me if I am wrong but I doubt seriously that he actually saw it happen.

Everyone knows that if you catch a thief in the act the proper thing is to grab a house cue and put a little high right spin on the shot.

Hu

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
And this is news?

People have been stealing easily nicked cues/cases for how long now? :/

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I wasn't more clear. the past two times I played in pool tournaments someone took something that didn't belong to them. By saying I witnessed it, I meant, the person that lost these things made everyone in the room aware someone had stolen from them. I didn't see who stole from them. I just want to make people aware of what's going on so it doesn't happen to them.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
As long as we're outing the hidden fact that there are theives in pool rooms, I might as well add to the bad news....some poolplayers have bad breath & sometimes tell small white lies. :sorry:

Jim