dc speed control

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
several years ago my box for the dc motor only runs full speed all the time so can I fix by myself like fuse potentionomer od resistor. I bought a dc speed control from dave 38 and recently this happened. anyway to test this dave has not responded. --
leonard

leonard

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
First Leonard, I haven't sold any DC speed controls to anyone, I did sell switches to reverse the direction of the motors about 5 years ago that were plug-n-play but that's it. Secondly, I haven't gotten any PM's from you.
Now the controller you have, is it a Penn State? if so, there is a pot that goes bad on this controller that will make the speed jump up to full speed that will need to be replaced. I don't remember which one, Maybe Todd from Mid America will kick in here as he is very knowledgeable about this controller.
Dave

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Leonard, I hope you will correct your original post, and remove the line about me being involved., Thanks,
Dave

tsp&b

Silver Member
Most times the cost of repairing the unit is more than buying a replacement. The conditions that you are describing usually occurs as a result of the DC output being shorted out. The only way to repair it is to take it to a qualified electronics repair person (unless you are one). As I said before... Most times the cost of repairing the unit is more than buying a replacement. I hope this information is helpful.

Todd

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
you can get a DC speed controller from Penstate Ind for $54........... it is for a 1/2 hp 90VDC motor used on a Hightower lathe............. not in the catalog......... you need to call

Kim