GC 3 slates

RUMMY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently got into table installation. Earlier in the week I picked up a GC 3 for free but one of the lates are cracked. By cracked, I mean that the slate will be in 2 pieces when I remove it from the backing.

Plan for repair: The playing surface can be fixed with bees wax like a seam but the bottoms will have area of missing slate due to the finer chunks being unsalvageable. I plan to fill with bondo being that it’s not the playing surface. Am I on the right track here?

Any advice and suggested material will be appreciated, just leave a link to shop!
Thank you everyone!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Recently got into table installation. Earlier in the week I picked up a GC 3 for free but one of the lates are cracked. By cracked, I mean that the slate will be in 2 pieces when I remove it from the backing.

Plan for repair: The playing surface can be fixed with bees wax like a seam but the bottoms will have area of missing slate due to the finer chunks being unsalvageable. I plan to fill with bondo being that it’s not the playing surface. Am I on the right track here?

Any advice and suggested material will be appreciated, just leave a link to shop!
Thank you everyone!

Hello Rummy,
Welcome to AZ! Where are ya from? I would contact Realkingcobra on here, he has a sureshot method of repairing slate like that. Also, have you thought of paying to have a counter top shop fix it?? An old timer in the business told me thats usually how he has it done 😁 Good luck.

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Thank you everyone!

Search my threads I started, I posted a thread on how to fix broken slates using soup cans....LOL