Triangle and Triumph Tips

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A very good source told me a couple of years ago, only buy Triangle tips in the 14mm size.

Good morning Mr. Brainard
All things being equal, I agree, the owner of Tweeten says otherwise. For shafts under 13mm use 13mm. So far what I believe is not all parts of the hide should be a tip and with the feedback they get from us. They will hopefully try to come up with a Triangle Prime tip, adjust the price to make it worth thier interest to do it and bring thier tips into the modern age.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good morning Mr. Brainard
All things being equal, I agree, the owner of Tweeten says otherwise. For shafts under 13mm use 13mm. So far what I believe is not all parts of the hide should be a tip and with the feedback they get from us. They will hopefully try to come up with a Triangle Prime tip, adjust the price to make it worth thier interest to do it and bring thier tips into the modern age.

Sounds like he wants the 13mm to be sold more often. I like the 14mm on thin ones, I don't mind the extra trimming, getting rid of the outside layer seems to help. It was pool room owner on the East Coast who talked me into it and he even sent me a full box even though he only needed a few on the cues I made for him, real nice people out there.

Real nice information about the hides, floaters and sinkers.

Good morning back to you MR Webb, Thanks, good day.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 shafts with Triangle tips on them.
Not one has mushroomed.
They all play just fine.
The only disclaimer is that i dont know if the tip installer is testing them for hardness or not.
He does have a tip test gadget,forgot what its called.
And at $13 installed whats not to like?

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 shafts with Triangle tips on them.
Not one has mushroomed.
They all play just fine.
The only disclaimer is that i dont know if the tip installer is testing them for hardness or not.
He does have a tip test gadget,forgot what its called.
And at $13 installed whats not to like?

I have some old stock that's still ok, but all the new boxes that I got are junk.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arrival of new test Triangles

Got them in the mail yesterday and installed one today. Machined and shaped nicely! Reminds me of the old Triangles! After playing with it for about 30 minutes... It holds chalk well, and has a solid hit/feel. Was able to apply plenty of english when needed. I texted them that they have a winner! I hope they take my advise and start selling these.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got them in the mail yesterday and installed one today. Machined and shaped nicely! Reminds me of the old Triangles! After playing with it for about 30 minutes... It holds chalk well, and has a solid hit/feel. Was able to apply plenty of english when needed. I texted them that they have a winner! I hope they take my advise and start selling these.

After ONE TIP!
Really.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After ONE TIP!
Really.

LOL! Yes sir, I know it sounds too early to tell, but I've got 9/10 installed now and the difference is night and day. Admittedly, the bar was very low. I had a box that were not even worthy of house cues. Was this not your experience as well? Maybe I'll get a bad one, but I haven't yet. Hope your're seeing the same results.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is there somewhere I can get 4 or 5 of the new triangles for my own personal use?

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
After the holidays I'll try and find out when they will be making some more.

Please find out how to tell the difference between the old and new ones. I have a box and a half of the junk ones. Don’t want to get stuck with more. Shame too, it was what I used to put on all my cues.

Larry

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please find out how to tell the difference between the old and new ones. I have a box and a half of the junk ones. Don’t want to get stuck with more. Shame too, it was what I used to put on all my cues.

Larry

Hi Larry
I'm still reviewing them but

IMG_20190704_115043.jpg

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Been awhile since I have see the good ones. Would be nice if they would change the boxes once the problem is worked out.

Larry

Hopefully, they will look at the reviews. I submitted mine today with the lot numbers and pictures of what they sent me. Address them with thier technical staff and come up with a Triangle Premium or Triangle Prime and make it worth thier interest in doing so and possibly take back some of the control they lost in the Tip Industry. It's a proven fact. Tips are big business today and a very competitive one at that.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sure hope you're right! I'm 18 tips in on the batch I was sent and all have been fine! They are definitely not a soft tip, but I have liked them all so far.

Last edited:

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_6886.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

New Triangle tips! Have asked them to change the box somehow when they do go into production so we will all know we are getting new stock.

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Installed and played with two new test tips yesterday. Was very happy with the new ones.

Larry