10 pack bar box 8ball

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it get better because I watched 15 minutes of mediocre pool.

He missed that 2 ball by 1 1/2 diamonds. He was never where he planned to be.
Ran into balls he didn't intend to.
And slow. 15 minutes and he was still muddling thru the 3rd rack:sorry:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Keep in mind this is the first round of the tournament.
Many times we watch streams and figure, wow no
wonder these guys are pros they never miss and play perfect.

When you watch a big tournament in person its not the
same as watching the finals or the best matches on
youtube.

Omar breaks and runs 10 racks make it take it.
That is tough.
He also beats Shane 15-1! IIrc

Keep watching or ff to the start of the 10 pack.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

The match starts at 44mins mark

Tom Cruise

Registered
I'm no pro but even I've done 9 straight tables of 9-ball on a 7 footer, which is harder than 8-ball.

It's a waste to have SVB sitting there. No other sport would do that. In tennis, Federer gets 7 figures to play Doha. Do you think they'll keep him from serving?

It's an accomplishment for the player to run out 10 racks but the sport is nowhere near as popular as it could be because of poor setup and poor marketing. There is no central governing body and that makes for a lot of hokey nonsense. And we all suffer for that.

Having come back to the game after many years away, I have come to the realization that pool has failed to find its niche in the world of sport. There is hardly any money in it, which leaves players trying to gamble to earn a living. Imagine if there was a real pro tour that paid real money? Unfortunately for pool the Color of Money is blank. :(

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Ya but it’s just because normal people don’t want to watch pool. It isn’t considered popular, so you don’t have people following it just so they can seem normal, like with football, basket, and base.

It doesn’t have fast paced action and possible fisticuffs like hockey. And most importantly an amateur player needs to spend a few years putting in mad practice before they become good enough to really play.

Pool just can not thrive in he modern world. It can hold on as it has been doing but that is all it will ever do, and that has absolutely nothing to do with winner break. I’d like to see you run a 9 piece of anything on anything...maybe that 4 ball challenge thing like at the carnivals

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Designing competition can make or break an entire sport. What would tennis be like if a player continued to served until he lost a point? What would basketball be like if the team that scored held possession? Pool should join the club (of all other sports).

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best I’ve seen was chad villmont playing svb a bar box set where chad ran a 6 pack to get on Hill then svb ran a 7 pack then broke dry then chad ran out and put an 8 pack to win. It was was a 6,7,8 back to back to back! Most sickest set I’ve seen!! I’ve seen several 10 packs or more but this was most fun to watch

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
So we shouldn't want the 626 because it keeps other player's in thier seats?

Sometimes you take a beat down
Nothing that can be done
Not like this kinda stuff happens all the time

Tom Cruise

Registered
It doesn’t have fast paced action and possible fisticuffs like hockey. And most importantly an amateur player needs to spend a few years putting in mad practice before they become good enough to really play.

Pool just can not thrive in he modern world. It can hold on as it has been doing but that is all it will ever do, and that has absolutely nothing to do with winner break. I’d like to see you run a 9 piece of anything on anything...maybe that 4 ball challenge thing like at the carnivals

You'd like to see it, as if you doubt it? Well, doubt all you want, it happened, and thats not the point of my reply. If we all took your doom and gloom point of view and simply accepted that pool isnt good enough to be hugely popular, and not make changes, then it wont be. Maybe you should not limit the game as you've limited your belief in others, and no doubt your own self.

Last edited:

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know the consecutive break-and-run is not lost with alternating breaks. There are consecutive birdies in golf and consecutive strikes in bowling as there are also consecutive completed passes in football and consecutive hits by a player in a baseball game. Rennie Stennett hit 7 consecutive at bats for the Pirates in 1975 while a lot happened in between each bat. Opponents compete while "consecutives" happen. It is a good thing. Dennis Hatch had 9 consecutive break-and-runs (Alternate Break) in our pro event in May. 2019 Spring Tri-State Invitational

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
You'd like to see it, as if you doubt it? Well, doubt all you want, it happened, and thats not the point of my reply. If we all took your doom and gloom point of view and simply accepted that pool isnt good enough to be hugely popular, and not make changes, then it wont be. Maybe you should not limit the game as you've limited your belief in others, and no doubt your own self.

I’d like to see you playing before I’d believe it possible, a 3 or 4 piece could be a B Player’s outlier maybe but a 9 doesn’t happen randomly. And I’m not saying pool isn’t good enough for TV im saying the modern world is not good enough for pool, it’s too difficult for average people to do well so they see it as just a random thing to occasionally suck at.

You know the consecutive break-and-run is not lost with alternating breaks. There are consecutive birdies in golf and consecutive strikes in bowling as there are also consecutive completed passes in football and consecutive hits by a player in a baseball game. Rennie Stennett hit 7 consecutive at bats for the Pirates in 1975 while a lot happened in between each bat. Opponents compete while "consecutives" happen. It is a good thing. Dennis Hatch had 9 consecutive break-and-runs (Alternate Break) in our pro event in May. 2019 Spring Tri-State Invitational

And to add on to that, consecutive break and runs are harder during alternate break because you’re getting out of your rhythm.

This doesn’t change the fact that alternate break sucks for long races. It’s very simple. 5-7 is high as you should go with alternate break...very maybe you could go to 9 but that’s pushing it. So for short race tournaments it can be and usually is alternate break...we’re talking about a match that was race to 15. You can’t do that alternate break, it would be horrendous 98% of the time with 2% awesome break and run contests that stay close throughout.

Inevitably though someone breaks dry and the other guy gets up on him then holds his break, other guy now gets kicked in on his break and it’s the beginning of the end in which he has almost zero chance to come back

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm no pro but even I've done 9 straight tables of 9-ball on a 7 footer, which is harder than 8-ball.
I'm not convinced that 9 ball is harder than 8 ball on a bar box. I feel like I run out at 9 ball far more often than 8 ball on a 7 footer. On a 9 footer it seems like it's just the opposite. Probably just me though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tom Cruise

Registered
I’d like to see you playing before I’d believe it possible, a 3 or 4 piece could be a B Player’s outlier maybe but a 9 doesn’t happen randomly. And I’m not saying pool isn’t good enough for TV im saying the modern world is not good enough for pool, it’s too difficult for average people to do well so they see it as just a random thing to occasionally suck at.

Not here to try and convince you.

I'm not convinced that 9 ball is harder than 8 ball on a bar box. I feel like I run out at 9 ball far more often than 8 ball on a 7 footer. On a 9 footer it seems like it's just the opposite. Probably just me though.

Rotation pool is always tougher when theres only 1 next object, but I see your point as the small table is easier for that, and racks of 8 pose the difficulty of clutter. Either way, if pool went to alternating break with a quicker shot clock I think it would be much more exciting. The sponsor and revenue end would have to chime in for anything to really change though.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member

9 ball bar box is most certainly,by far
much easier

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no question about it. 8 ball on a barbox is far more difficult than 9 ball on a barbox. 15 rotation is another story.
Agreed, I've only played 15 ball rotation as a ring game.