Hyper Kid Shooting Pool :D

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
iowa_player said:
Lmao check this kid out !
I love it this kid takes his game and his chalk very serious !
It is the second table back center screen . The kid has a red shirt on .

Hope you enjoy !

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6__IXus4

It appears as though he's taken after Danny Basivich.

But in all seriousness, I've seen a lot of players like this although not as goofy in their movements. It completely turned me off of leagues.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
iowa_player said:
Lmao check this kid out !
I love it this kid takes his game and his chalk very serious !
It is the second table back center screen . The kid has a red shirt on .

Hope you enjoy !

Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6__IXus4

I've never seen anything like that before. I was waiting for a camera crew to pop out telling his opponent he's on Candid Camera or Punk'd or something. I was mesmerized by this video - I couldn't believe my eyes.

I mean, you're playing on a bar box. What is he looking at? What is he doing? Either it goes or it doesn't - it's only a foot or two from your nose.

If I played him, we'd never make it out of the first game. I'd impersonate him and do EXACTLY what he does, except for twice as long.

Thanks for a good laugh.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cameron Smith said:

But in all seriousness, I've seen a lot of players like this although not as goofy in their movements. It completely turned me off of leagues.

First person that popped into my head. I watched him play at snookers a few years about. I couldn't believe it. Him and Joe T played. I think it was 3 hours for a race to 9. Joe T might remember, it was a long match. I think Danny walked/jumped 20km in a 23' space.

Hilgendorf

Registered
lol

im not positive but that kid might be from our region iowa_player, i played him before in sterling, IL once or twice at the weekly 9 balls. that was many moons ago, and u never forget that composure at the table :thumbup:

hes got ocd or somthin

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
I've never seen anything like that before. I was waiting for a camera crew to pop out telling his opponent he's on Candid Camera or Punk'd or something. I was mesmerized by this video - I couldn't believe my eyes.

I mean, you're playing on a bar box. What is he looking at? What is he doing? Either it goes or it doesn't - it's only a foot or two from your nose.

If I played him, we'd never make it out of the first game. I'd impersonate him and do EXACTLY what he does, except for twice as long.

Thanks for a good laugh.

Now that's funny as he!!
I would just die laughing if I was there and you were impersonating his moves :thumbup: Heck im laughing just thinking about it .

Thanks for the laugh :grin-square:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
iowa_player said:
Now that's funny as he!!
I would just die laughing if I was there and you were impersonating his moves :thumbup: Heck im laughing just thinking about it .

Thanks for the laugh :grin-square:

It's the only way he'll learn. If someone shows him what a qu**r he looks like at the table, he'll smarten-up.

That impersonation move is my fav. If I play someone who's mega slow, I just slow up 50x what they're doing until they tell me to speed-up.... and then I say "how about we settle this with a 5 second shot clock." If someone looks goofy like that, it's like ya HAVE to be goofy back... mannerisms and all.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Cameron Smith said:

That's the first thing I thought of before I even watched the video hahaha. It's hard to believe that he can be overweight with how he runs around the table.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I've watched Danny play a million times. Yeah, he's not the fastest guy... but he ain't in this kid's galaxy - that's for sure. The video is so ridiculous, I wouldn't bet that the kid wasn't doing it on purpose to get under the skin of his opponent. He can't possibly play that way for real.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I know I've never been that bad, but I wonder if I've ever been in that realm of slow shooting.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
I've watched Danny play a million times. Yeah, he's not the fastest guy... but he ain't in this kid's galaxy - that's for sure. The video is so ridiculous, I wouldn't bet that the kid wasn't doing it on purpose to get under the skin of his opponent. He can't possibly play that way for real.

Oh no Danny is no where near what this kid was doing. It is funny watching him play with all his twitching and pre-stroking. His stroke screams of hyperactivity, but it most certainly works for him and he would most certainly wipe the floor with me.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
steev said:
If I'm not mistaken, our own rackmsuckr took this video at BCA nationals or something...I'll search and see what I come up with.

-s

edit: here ya go http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=39322&highlight=treo August 2006

Again, guilty as charged. Sure hope I don't have to apologize for this video! :embarrassed2: :rolleyes: ;) :p I remember feeling so badly for the opponent who lost. I am sure he could not focus or was put into a trance waiting for his shot. Or sometimes when you shoot someone so slow, it takes you out of your rhythm, and he could have shot too fast to hurry the match along.

Did you see the other video in the link you provided called Fingernail Pool? I admit I wasn't very subtle in this video but she is probably used to gawkers. I was just amazed at how well she shot with those nails! And I was wondering how she took care of feminine hygiene...ouch! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doSwzrboOw

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is pretty awful.

I was actually becoming internally infuriated just by watching that freakin video. I would have blown a gasket if I was playing this kid.

I have a woman on my APA team that is slower than molasses and I've just about had it. She knows she is slow and when she notices people, including her teammates, are getting fed up with it she gets slower just to make a point. It's outrageous. Her best move is when her turn comes up, she will slowly take one more drag of her cigarette, squint her eyes Clint Eastwood style, stare at the table from her chair, grab her stick and slowly walk to the table. She then proceeds to walk around the table no less than 2x while chalking, gets down in her shot and back up no less than 3x, thinks some more... then calls time out. All the while she will then take the shot and miss after a good 5-7 minute process. She has countless times taken over 1.5 hours for a race to 3 on 8-ball on bar boxes.

This has singlehandedly made me decide to quit APA as soon as I have fulfilled my city tournament obligations.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Da Bank said:
that is pretty awful.

I was actually becoming internally infuriated just by watching that freakin video. I would have blown a gasket if I was playing this kid.

I have a woman on my APA team that is slower than molasses and I've just about had it. She knows she is slow and when she notices people, including her teammates, are getting fed up with it she gets slower just to make a point. It's outrageous. Her best move is when her turn comes up, she will slowly take one more drag of her cigarette, squint her eyes Clint Eastwood style, stare at the table from her chair, grab her stick and slowly walk to the table. She then proceeds to walk around the table no less than 2x while chalking, gets down in her shot and back up no less than 3x, thinks some more... then calls time out. All the while she will then take the shot and miss after a good 5-7 minute process. She has countless times taken over 1.5 hours for a race to 3 on 8-ball on bar boxes.

This has singlehandedly made me decide to quit APA as soon as I have fulfilled my city tournament obligations.

Thank goodness I have not had that experience. I've seen somewhat slow players, but not so slow as to piss off normal people (speed demons get pissed no matter what). The only one that irked me was one who would soft break (I mean a real almost 14.1 soft break) on a friggin bar box just because he wanted to ensure he would have another shot on the table if he didn't make anything.

*edit* Well not ensure, but up his odds. I had him once and ran out after his soft break. After I sank the 8 I told him that I love to play straight pool.....please do it again.