My latest creation. Not for sale! Didn't know where else to post this at.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
I decided I wanted to give leather wraps a try and didn't want to spend $400 + for a cutting jig/fixture. So, utilizing the search function here I found a few homeade ones, and looked at some store bought ones and came up with my own conglomeration. This one most resembles the one Darren Hill made and posted pictures of, just mine is made of aluminum and delrin, and it uses a single cutting guide that flips to the other side. I have tested it on a duffrin that I plan to convert eventually and it made one cut line just like it's suppose to. I'm thinking about making a second cutting guide that is .005" thinner to give a .010" gap for more stretchable leather so that it won't bunch up. But thats easy enough to make later if it would be of use. I have to do a bunch of practicing before that. Anyway here are the pics and sorry if I should have posted this somewhere else (couldn't think of a better place where my labor would be appreciated). Any comments good or bad are welcome. Tom

photo_1_zpse2c5d117.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_21_zpsb495a90f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_32_zps9aae9326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_41_zps51d6c3fb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_4_zpsc0399038.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_31_zpsd7d53711.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will probably glue some soft leather on the V's so there is no chance of marking up a cue. It is about 20" long overall and I can do a 16" wrap if needed (I have a cue with a 14" wrap is why I made it so long). All the holes are just lightning holes (if I left it solid it would have been heavy even though it's aluminum).

Last edited:

Nineballjerry2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work! I need one also but your correct new ones are expensive!
Wish I had a blueprint of yours to make my own,pm me if that's possible
Thanks for the great photos looks great!
Jerry2

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks nice, Have you got access to cnc equipment ?
It looks to be well made for sure.
Thanks for sharing your work.
Neil

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, looks outstanding. Many on here are very talanted.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Tom, you always make me scratch my head, you have a true knack for coming up with solutions.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Looks nice, Have you got access to cnc equipment ?
It looks to be well made for sure.
Thanks for sharing your work.
Neil

Yes I have access to cnc equipment but I made this on a manual machine. We have a series one and two bridgeports at work that are really tight, so that's what I used. I thought about using a jig grinder for the locating dowels but figured I could hold .001" tolerance on the Bridgeport and that would be good.

I've had some inquiries about this jig and a blueprint. I don't have a blueprint, I made it out of measurements in my head and pictures of other ones I had seen. But my knowledge is free to anyone who would like it, and if I can get the time to model it up in unigraphics and then create 2D views with measurements, I will post or email them to anyone who would like them. But, rest assured it will be awhile before I can get to that project. Thank you all for the comments so far. Tom

buell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would be also interrestet in one of these just give me a pm if you are in the mood

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Sorry everyone

Sorry to everyone, I haven't had a chance to do anything with this as far as modeling it up but I will soon. Right now it's pinewood derby time of the year so it'll be a couple more weeks but I will get it done. Thanks, Tom

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Great job !!!
Looks like it is exactly what you need and you had the fun of making it yourself.
Well done sir!

Willee

cuemaker.mi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or go buy one done. They pay for themselves after 4 or 5 wraps which is just a couple or a few weeks time. Sometimes money is easier to get then to come up with free time to make or work on such a jig. Great job on making yours.