John Barton (JB Cases)

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ok, here you go. This is the one we had last month.

Special thanks to Dave and Diane Gross for the CSU nappy.

[/QUOTE]

Good looking pup there! Grats!

Now if you would please make the time to work on my case I would appreciate it. Just show me some dust. Delivery can be when you make it back to the states! Of course I need to see what you plan on making since you have teased me like no other on how awesome it will be! Oh and a price would be nice. I will have to turn in a PO to the wife and see if she salutes!

Give me hope! lol! :cool:

Ken

bhale

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you had a chance to look over my design? I'd like to see something from you... :smile:

Brian

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
John,

Beautiful baby. Given the troubles, don't forget to say thanks.

Will Sterling be distributing the basic rugged nylon case?

All the Best to You & your Family &

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member

Now if you would please make the time to work on my case I would appreciate it. Just show me some dust. Delivery can be when you make it back to the states! Of course I need to see what you plan on making since you have teased me like no other on how awesome it will be! Oh and a price would be nice. I will have to turn in a PO to the wife and see if she salutes!

Ken

I have waited since April of last year. Time to bump these requests up until they are answered.

Ken

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We suck. I suck. I know I suck. I have a few customers who have been waiting two years, some a year some months longer than promised.

I completely suck. In fact I might suck more than any other person on the planet when it comes to answering customer inquiries. Why do I suck so much? I don't know, I guess it's partly because I am lazy. Partly because I just don't want to spend so much time on orders. I mean today I spent three hours nailing down an order with a customer on Skype. When it comes to email sometimes my eyes glaze over and I don't feel like getting into it.

This is why I am hiring people to cover for me. I mean I finally got the shop I dreamed about since I was 22 years old. I have orders coming out of my ears and new ones every day. So why do I suck so much answering people's emails?

I don't know. I love the thrill of building cool cases, I like messing with new ideas. I like to take on challenges. I also like to pursue my other interests, pool playing, discussing pool, studying leatherworking etc....

Sorry that I suck so much. Tell Joe he owes me some jelly for shipping business his way. I put out all the cases we can at the pace that we can. I hope it gets WAY better after my new shop manager gets here. Then I won't be the bottleneck. I am sure I will still suck but it won't be seen by the customers, only by my manager and my wife who will have to prod me to get busy working on whatever it is that only I can do.

Meanwhile, my skype is always open. On my contact page on my website the skype is always listed. Sorry I used to use all the messaging services but that was a pain trying to deal with many chat windows open across many services. And I tried one that consolidates them and that was also a pain. But skype works great and if you call me on it then it rings to my cell phone. So anyone that doesn't get the answer the want by email can always reach me that way. It's free for you and you get me wherever I am.

Again sorry that I suck so much but in the end you got a rocking case anyway because Joe and Jill Whitten build an amazing case. I love mine.

One more thing regarding Skype. Folks I live in China. When it is 2pm in the USA on the east coast then it is 2am in China. If you are using skype you can send me a message and if I pick it up then I am up and ready to talk. If you call please just call once and if I can pick it up I will. Please don't call me repeatedly if I don't pick up. If I don't pick up the phone then I am not able to, either in the shower, making babies, knitting intensely or otherwise engaged.

To find out what time it is in China when you want to call just google it and you will find dozens of world clocks. Normally the best times to call me are between 9am and Midnight CHINA TIME. We are typically off work on Sundays but if you really need to talk go ahead and try me and if I can pick up the phone I will. This Sunday I happen to be at the shop so if anyone wants to call now feel free.

John, I could end all your problems..Hire me, as your man Friday !..Fly me to China, and for only $150,000 a year (plus commision, and bonuses) I will put your affairs in order, as only a 'finished' pool player can !..;)..Thereby leaving you time to piss people off on AZ..:thumbup:

PS..Don't forget the occasional, (daily) gratis female companionship, needed to keep me functioning at my top speed ! ;)

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member

Ken

Still waiting on ANY information from Mr. Barton.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

After reading your several attempts to get any answer about a case from last April I can only say I would have lost my patience by now and asked for my money to be returned. I admit to not having near enough patience to go through all that you have for a pool cue case. Your a WAY better man than I OKIE!! Good Luck Sir.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
After reading your several attempts to get any answer about a case from last April I can only say I would have lost my patience by now and asked for my money to be returned. I admit to not having near enough patience to go through all that you have for a pool cue case. Your a WAY better man than I OKIE!! Good Luck Sir.

No money has been paid by okie. We have not sent him a sketch yet. However we do have several orders which are paid for which will be all finished in the next 60 days.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
No money has been paid by okie. We have not sent him a sketch yet. However we do have several orders which are paid for which will be all finished in the

Just out of curiosity, from first inquiry to shipping date, what would be the wait time for something simple with minimal art work? Is that time decreasing with the addition of your new staff member?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John, I could end all your problems..Hire me, as your man Friday !..Fly me to China, and for only $150,000 a year (plus commision, and bonuses) I will put your affairs in order, as only a 'finished' pool player can !....Thereby leaving you time to piss people off on AZ..:thumbup:

PS..Don't forget the occasional, (daily) gratis female companionship, needed to keep me functioning at my top speed !

SJD, no amount of money would be worth it for you to listen to and be forced to watch this C-player expound on the virtues and intricacies of CTE aiming. And to add to the torture you would have to hold the video camera. I don't think that there is enough female companionship on Earth to soothe you from that trauma. :)

PM sent.

Like Mine

Brian

Call me if you are up. # sent by PM.

Just out of curiosity, from first inquiry to shipping date, what would be the wait time for something simple with minimal art work? Is that time decreasing with the addition of your new staff member?

After May 1st these will be the times we will GUARANTEE or the case is free. Actual terms will posted on the site. May1st because our new shop manager/customer service rep Marcel Lim just started yesterday and it will take him a few weeks to get up to speed. We are reorganizing the entire process from top to bottom to insure that no order gets left behind at any stage.

After payment and confirmation of design the case should be in your hands according to the list below.

1. Basic Case - 7 weeks

bryan-a-front.jpg

chris-a-front.jpg

2. Lightly tooled case - 9 weeks
czappa-a-f.jpg

danny-a-front.jpg

3. Moderately tooled case - 11 weeks
corey-a-front.jpg

dustin-a-f.jpg

4. Heavily tooled case - 14 weeks.
danger-a-front.jpg

dakota-a-front.jpg

Any cases with custom features should fall into one of these categories but we PROMISE to keep you informed if we run into any issues with doing the custom mods for you.

Example of a custom feature - ball and chalk holder in lid:

balls-q-lid%2001.jpg

Lastly, folks, I apologize again. This is a true custom operation and we simply have more details on our orders than our colleagues, we have more orders, more inquiries, and more screwups that have to be redone. I promise you most of our orders are out on time but the only acceptable state is ALL orders are done in the time quoted to the customer.

I have the shop I always dreamed of having. The awesome thing is that we can make any case you want. The biggest headache I have is that we can make anything you want. :)

It's all going to rock from here on out.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Wow, on time or free? What a deal. I only waited 2-3 months even when you wife was pregnant. I may have to order another :thumbup:

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
No money has been paid by okie. We have not sent him a sketch yet. However we do have several orders which are paid for which will be all finished in the next 60 days.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Exactly! You had me pick a font and that was the last I heard from you. I have asked on multiple occasions and either received no information or more excuses about this and that.

10 months...

I do not know what my case will look like other than the font I picked and that it will have dragons on it. I have no idea how much it will cost.

Now you come out and say that things are a changin'! But the pm you sent you gave me more reasona why I would have to wait longer.

I am not mad. I am in love with the idea of this case but it is nothing more than a dream for me. The really sick thing is that I originally agreed to purchase a case miles from my comfort zone due to the graciousness you showed me while at my house. I know you are a good guy. I agree you suck at customer service. I do not hold that against you. The very first thing you should have done 10 months ago is given me a drawing of what to expect with a price. That would take a matter of minutes to generate. A rough draft would be wonderful! But I allowed you to string me along without applying pressure because of various reasons you gave me for the delays. But when I hear other people are being put ahead of me that is a bit hard to fade.

If you want cash then you gotta give me a price. If you want cash you gotta give me an idea of what it will be like. Again...a rough draft would be fine as long as it was descriptive of the final product.

Let's do this thing!

Ken

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
After May 1st these will be the times we will GUARANTEE or the case is free. Actual terms will posted on the site. May1st because our new shop manager/customer service rep Marcel Lim just started yesterday and it will take him a few weeks to get up to speed. We are reorganizing the entire process from top to bottom to insure that no order gets left behind at any stage.

Thanks for that response. I have tried to contact you several times to inquire about a case without success. Would your advice be to wait until May?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Exactly! You had me pick a font and that was the last I heard from you. I have asked on multiple occasions and either received no information or more excuses about this and that.

10 months...

I do not know what my case will look like other than the font I picked and that it will have dragons on it. I have no idea how much it will cost.

Now you come out and say that things are a changin'! But the pm you sent you gave me more reasona why I would have to wait longer.

I am not mad. I am in love with the idea of this case but it is nothing more than a dream for me. The really sick thing is that I originally agreed to purchase a case miles from my comfort zone due to the graciousness you showed me while at my house. I know you are a good guy. I agree you suck at customer service. I do not hold that against you. The very first thing you should have done 10 months ago is given me a drawing of what to expect with a price. That would take a matter of minutes to generate. A rough draft would be wonderful! But I allowed you to string me along without applying pressure because of various reasons you gave me for the delays. But when I hear other people are being put ahead of me that is a bit hard to fade.

If you want cash then you gotta give me a price. If you want cash you gotta give me an idea of what it will be like. Again...a rough draft would be fine as long as it was descriptive of the final product.

Let's do this thing!

Ken

We will and the case will rock. As I said before, when I am late I put even more effort into the project to make up for it.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
We will and the case will rock. As I said before, when I am late I put even more effort into the project to make up for it.
yes for sure, John ty always to raise the Bar again, he not let go out what he don't like, his standard and passion is very high demand/quality. :thumbup::thumbup:
Emails send with another account, please not reply on this account, use my normal mail address.
Thanks,
Ralf

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If you spent as much time on your own business as you do trying to badmouth me you would not be in the situation your in.

http://sterlingcuecases.com/jb-corner/?p=28

Maybe you shouldn't have ever siad that we copied you and then perhaps I would never have had to write anything on the subject.

But here is the thing, I am in the "situation" I am in because of success and not because of spending time on comparisons to your cases Jack. The situation is one where we simply have more custom orders than we can handle doing hundreds of cases you can't do. I am sorry if it bothers you when I say that but your work is all pretty much the same.

You have two sizes and about 10 parts to deal with. You offer a few dye colors and limited decoration options. So the reality of it is that each case you make takes a fraction of the time it takes us and you have far less details to deal with.

So respectfully, we are doing ok despite being behind on some orders. Those orders are all for cases well beyond anything you can do Jack. Why I am behind on them has nothing to do with writing a few paragraphs a year and half ago to bring attention to the major differences between the J. Flowers Tribute cases and yours.

However if any of my points are wrong I'd be more than happy to revise them once you prove that they are wrong. If you prefer we can have an independent judge compare the two cases publicly at the SBE and whatever I have written that he or she finds is in error I will immediately and on the spot make a revision. Or if you like I can bring my Justis and print the blog post and just anyone who cares to read it make their own comparisons. I feel that everything I wrote is true and if that bothers you then it's your problem and not mine. You build a good case, just not a great one in my opinion. They are very pretty though.

Frankly though Jack, I don't really care about you or your cases any longer. I have bigger issues to deal with making sure that my successful shop gets to the level of efficiency that I want it to be at so that we can not only continue to make the great truly custom cases that we are known for but that we can get them out on time every time.

Best,

John

Last edited: