cue stix training cue,,,,,your thoughts??

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm usually not a big fan of training devices but this one looks like it could be very helpful. I think that you just have to figure out how to interpret the feedback from the cue.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry...Neil gave me the first one of these Gravity cues to be here in the USA several years ago, when he came to the US for the first time. It is a great training tool, and the feedback is immediate. Either you can stroke the CB without bending the cue at the spring...or you can't. Has EVERYTHING to do with cradle pressure. Grip too tight, the cue breaks...hold it loose and you can do most anything, including the break. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Larry...Neil gave me the first one of these Gravity cues to be here in the USA several years ago, when he came to the US for the first time. It is a great training tool, and the feedback is immediate. Either you can stroke the CB without bending the cue at the spring...or you can't. Has EVERYTHING to do with cradle pressure. Grip too tight, the cue breaks...hold it loose and you can do most anything, including the break. :thumbup:

Scott Lee

scott sounds like you like it
i think i will buy it and give it a try
:)

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I play tested one of these from Neil some years back. It gives good feedback and will get most people to place their hands on the cue in different spots than they otherwise would.

Jason Lynch and I also used this for trick shots together. You can stand stroking the butt facing away from the shot with the bridge hand online and make the shot!

The cue also gives extra feedback on english strokes. Would love to know your thoughts when you buy it.

Thank you.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Matt...That is simply not true. No change of where to hold the cue is necessary in order to use the Gravity Cue.

Scott Lee

You are right. I misspoke. What I meant to say was that you feel the balance/weight thrust of the cue differently. A player will become more aware of the weight of the cue just in front of the stroke hand.

I was thinking of the CueTrack, which took a lot of students out of their usual position to have a longer bridge and more of the cue in front of their chin.

Thanks for the correction.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
scott sounds like you like it
i think i will buy it and give it a try
:)

Joey A gave me one for to work with the kids at the program....been having it handful of months. The guy in my shadow method video shooting at the end.....he was shooting with that cue lol.

You can hold it where ever you like, the cue can train a piston or a pendulum style stroke :) very neat tool i saw its benefits for training immideately.

how much those things go for anyways? (not that i'm seling the one i have, its not for sale...its for learning students!)

-greyghost

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joey A gave me one for to work with the kids at the program....been having it handful of months. The guy in my shadow method video shooting at the end.....he was shooting with that cue lol.

You can hold it where ever you like, the cue can train a piston or a pendulum style stroke :) very neat tool i saw its benefits for training immideately.

how much those things go for anyways? (not that i'm seling the one i have, its not for sale...its for learning students!)

-greyghost
it is $143.10 from the link above

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total GARBAGE! I bought one when they came out with the pool version 5 or so years ago. (the snooker version was earlier). The spring is so stiff, you'd have to be a Z player for it to do anything. Its a complete waste of money. Stay away.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Furthermore, the cue itself is junk. The taper is almost like a broom stick. Its as if the company that made it has never made a pool cue before or played the game before.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I disagree. Neil, who invented the product, was a snooker coach at a young age and is very innovative. Several of us pros/teachers have enjoyed this product.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Neil person, did he hand deliver these products to the instructors in this thread? I ask because maybe it was a prototype with a different spring.

I bought mine with my own cash from Seyberts or another online store I forget which one. It is the worst product I've ever bought in pool. And I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff over the years to further my game.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Neil person, did he hand deliver these products to the instructors in this thread? I ask because maybe it was a prototype with a different spring.

I bought mine with my own cash from Seyberts or another online store I forget which one. It is the worst product I've ever bought in pool. And I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff over the years to further my game.

I'm wondering, why didn't it work? Were you unable to interpret the feedback you got from the cue?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering, why didn't it work? Were you unable to interpret the feedback you got from the cue?

There was no feedback at all, that was the issue. The spring is so stiff, that it does not break from perfectly straight during a shot. I even tried a "death grip" on the butt, and it would not break the spring. My purchased sample was not defective, in that the spring would break if I took the cue in two hands and bent it. Its not like the coils of the spring were glued together or anything like that. The problem, imo, was the spring was way too stiff.

I really think the ones the instructors above got might have been a prototype from the inventor. You can even see in the picture of the product how thick the coils of the spring are. Its a serious spring, and it does not move in normal use.

I rate myself a low B now (high C when I bought this), and trust me my stroke is not perfect:):)

I actually gave it away a few weeks ago to a weaker player to see if he could find any use for it. If I see him again, I will try to make a video of it showing that it doesn't work.

Also, this is not proof by any mean, but this product has been on the market now for 5 or so years. The only mention of it is a thread like this once every 2 years asking if its any good. I've seen even fewer threads or discussion of this company's "gravity" cue.

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
There are fine pool products, DVDs, etc. that receive scant mention. The benefit to Neil's cue is not just when it "breaks" like a Medicus training golf club but the vibration and feel provided to the player.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
903ab5625cbd9ed39e178674cd58f79c.jpg
b1f3d3f5af80ef6ccea5f7f0194e2ce8.jpg
I do agree the taper is pretty lacking but if they are 150 and work like this one id say good product.

I def don't have to do anything special to make it break. With or without a ball. But it's easy to get it to not break. That shadow method video I did. My student is shooting with that cue actually he shakes it in the air after he makes a nice shot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk