Play About Snooker Coming to Broadway?!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
“......snooker—a British version of pool, but, naturally much more complicated.”
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe the author would like to explain exactly how much simpler it is to play one-pocket...
...or full rack banks...or last pocket eight ball.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“......snooker—a British version of pool, but, naturally much more complicated.”

Maybe the author would like to explain exactly how much simpler it is to play one-pocket...

What happens when one guy gets to the theatre for a performance, warms up, and blurts out, "I can't make a ball."

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yooouuuu gotta make more than 1-8 balls?????

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like it....
..but hopefully, with actual games being played, some ad lib will be allowed...

...can you imagine Earl as the star?....and it’s SRO....he could complain about how all
those extra bodies are creating moisture, which makes the table play short....:angry:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Maybe the author would like to explain exactly how much simpler it is to play one-pocket......
Like when a player intentionally sends the white onto the floor and gets some applause for it. Although snooker does have a similar situation with sending red balls off the table to secure the frame, but it's frowned upon.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like when a player intentionally sends the white onto the floor and gets some applause for it. Although snooker does have a similar situation with sending red balls off the table to secure the frame, but it's frowned upon.

I think its technically illegal.

Difficult to prove of course, but a deliberate foul results in the automatic loss of frame doesn't it?

In reality it would be very unlikely to occur as a referee would always assume it was accidental.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Years ago, two good players were gambling.... player A was on his last game...
...player B, who had the moniker ‘Crazy’ attached to his pool hall name, had
42 points with one red left....he was typically smirking...he declares...”I’m not even going
to make this red, I’m just gonna knock it off the table. “ ( which would leave his opponent
requiring three snookers instead of two)...he jacks up and the cueball goes off the table...
...but the red ball stays on...:eek:.
Eventually, player A gets enough snookers and runs out....a few hours later, he gets
all his money back....and all of player B’s.

Player A eventually turned pro and lived in Britain for a few years....
...player B went back to driving taxi.