T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

I think the tool on the Fargo "fairmatch" page has a limit of 99 games per player because the combinatorials involved create very large intermediate values. It is possible to set up the calculation as a Markov chain which avoids the intermediate large numbers and very long matches can be calculated.

Neither method takes frizoolas into account, so caveat emptor.

Yah know.. That just made me think of something.. It seems like Fargorate operates much the same as the U.S. Chess Federation (USCF) ratings, if not using the same exact maths, still using statistics. And uschess.org has a "ratings calculator" function that allows one to calculate out the exact ratings point changes expected from one's performance in a certain tournament...

USCF also has the capability to run one's own tournaments, and submit the results online directly to the USCF, and the database is updated within the next calendar month.

These would seem to be some tasty vittles for Mike Page to go after.

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
34-26

Oh, look! Dennis misses a cut and leaves Tony a shot.

Sure wouldn't want the score to get out of hand, eh? Lol.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Yeah, but Tony beat Dennis 11-6 in the last 17 games last night. Maybe we've had a tectonic shift in their underlying frizoolas or fermifargos or whatevers. Surely someone will take Tony even now, right?

[er, not me]

Frizoolas alert!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Chohan’s fargorate is 759....puts him a #15 in the USA...
...he is not in the top 100 in world fargorate.

But when one-pocket is mentioned, he’s usually in the top five...
...sometimes #3, right after Dennis and Alex.

If Tony and Dennis were playing ten-ball, there would be no rubber match.

Alert ended....please resume your normal activities.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Not likely he's stalling to set up the big money, BECAUSE THIS IS THE BIG MONEY!

Doubt it.
The poker player and maybe Scotty are the bigger money.
Plus Tony might still want some with some weight, later on.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just gonna say it... Either Dennis got like 4 hours of sleep last night, or he is tossing Tony a few easy games to have the final score be a little closer.

I would be lying if I didn't admit the very same exact thought crossing my mind.

Of course there's no way to know but there were a couple of abrupt departures from the narrative that was going on during the match.

Lou Figueroa

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be lying if I didn't admit the very same exact thought crossing my mind.

Of course there's no way to know but there were a couple of abrupt departures from the narrative that was going on during the match.

Lou Figueroa
Lou pool players would never lay down to keep a match close for thier backers to catch another bet you should know that ,,,,,,,,,,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish, Hu. Just watching the stream. Good stuff from Ray.

Now 37-29.

-td

Yes big shout out to Ray let's not forget him , I did the smart thing and bought the yr package ,, got it plug into a hdmi cable watching it on the 65 great stuff

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Dennis is trying his very best to throw Tony a few games, but Tony can't get out of a wet paper bag right now....

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
thought I might have an excuse to go down there myself

I wish, Hu. Just watching the stream. Good stuff from Ray.

Now 37-29.

-td

Thought I might have an excuse to go down and pig out on seafood while catching up.

I remember when Ray first started. He has came a long way since those days but of course streaming in general has. Still Ray is kinda in the forefront and much to be commended. He has a very impressive set-up now and a better handle than most on the technical side of things. Most of his knowledge came from the school of hard knocks like learning to play pool. One thing, you don't forget things learned like that!

Looks like the fat lady is warming up in the wings.

Hu

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is trying his very best to throw Tony a few games, but Tony can't get out of a wet paper bag right now....

Ya it's crazy , a lot of shots he's missed is because he tends to speed up on easy shots doesn't take his time a function of what shrinks call hard wired deficiencies, the hardest to correct

ShortBusRuss

Silver Member
Ya it's crazy , a lot of shots he's missed is because he tends to speed up on easy shots doesn't take his time a function of what shrinks call hard wired deficiencies, the hardest to correct

Yeah.. A pre-shot routine would prolly improve Tony a full ball, in all games.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I'm pretty sure it does.

I think the tool on the Fargo "fairmatch" page has a limit of 99 games per player because the combinatorials involved create very large intermediate values. It is possible to set up the calculation as a Markov chain which avoids the intermediate large numbers and very long matches can be calculated.

Neither method takes frizoolas into account, so caveat emptor.

There is some sort of bug or technical reason where you can't calculate the race to 100 or similar high set odds. I put it in as a bug report a while back but didn't hear back.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Alex are the best I’ve ever seen at creating 8 and outs. Truly spectacular to watch. I don’t know if it is possible to play an up table game against them but Rex should try. Tony is one of the best bankers in the game and he has to minimize Dennis chance at big ball runs. I dont think he can out shoot Dennis. It’s fascinating to watch and I appreciate the stream. Other than some glitches early on it has been perfect since!

IDK, Efren beat the snot out of Alex in 2005 or 2006, twice no less, on his way to winning that year's DCC. Alex was probably as good then in one hole as he is now.