Help ID This Cue Please

Sompin2do

Boomer Sooner
Silver Member
My brother gave it to me about 25 years ago. Wondering who made it and if it's worth anything. Thanks, Mike

100_1059.jpg

100_1058.jpg

100_1057.jpg

100_1056.jpg

Pizza Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both the pin and the bumper are consistent with what Adam used on some cues in that time frame (maybe earlier?) - however, the balance of the cue resembles no Adam I've ever come across - still a mystery I'm afraid.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pizza Bob said:
Both the pin and the bumper are consistent with what Adam used on some cues in that time frame (maybe earlier?) - however, the balance of the cue resembles no Adam I've ever come across - still a mystery I'm afraid.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My thoughts, also. Maybe real early Rich??

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Good call, guys! It looks like an Adam "Super Sabre" from the early 1970's, page 105 of the newest Blue Book. That's real rosewood too.

Chris

Ps. I wonder if "Super Sabre" was a play on the term "super saver", which was a popular airfare introduced in the 1970's.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
TATE said:
Ps. I wonder if "Super Sabre" was a play on the term "super saver", which was a popular airfare introduced in the 1970's.

No, I just figured it out. The "Super Sabre" was a famous fighter jet used by the Air Force. I forgot Adam liked to name their cues after aircraft at the time.