Creative Inventions

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Group,

Does anyone know if Creative Inventions is still in business? Need a replacement shoulder strap for my 20 plus year old vinyl 2 x 4 case. Searched the net. Nothing shows up. Lots of places still sell Joe Porper cases and accessories. Any suggestions other than buying a new JB? That's a last resort!

Lyn

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hi Group,

Does anyone know if Creative Inventions is still in business? Need a replacement shoulder strap for my 20 plus year old vinyl 2 x 4 case. Searched the net. Nothing shows up. Lots of places still sell Joe Porper cases and accessories. Any suggestions other than buying a new JB? That's a last resort!

Lyn

Mueller's bought the Porper case business of Creative Inventions from Joe about 10 years ago. You can contact Mueller's - they state the Porper Creative Inventions cases carry a lifetime warranty under normal wear and tear. If they really honor that, Lyn, come back and post it here please! I would be curious myself.

http://www.muellers.com/2x2-Porper-Signature-Oval-Cue-Case,5660.html?b=s*porper+case

I no longer see the "Made in USA" sticker on them. My guess is production has moved from Chatsworth, CA to overseas. If all else fails, a new Porper 2X4 is only $100.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Mueller's bought the Porper case business of Creative Inventions from Joe about 10 years ago. You can contact Mueller's - they state the Porper Creative Inventions cases carry a lifetime warranty under normal wear and tear. If they really honor that, Lyn, come back and post it here please! I would be curious myself.

http://www.muellers.com/2x2-Porper-Signature-Oval-Cue-Case,5660.html?b=s*porper+case

I no longer see the "Made in USA" sticker on them. My guess is production has moved from Chatsworth, CA to overseas. If all else fails, a new Porper 2X4 is only $100.

Thanks for the information Chris. Tried to get a few replacement feet from Creative years ago. The sales manager at the time told me they no longer honored the "lifetime" warranty. I'll try Mueller's per your suggestion. Let you know the results.

Need that case only when I'm in Vegas. Roughly 80 to 90 days a year. Have to admit, love the "backpack" set up JB Cases offers. Own a "backpack" JB Butterfly now for use on the east coast.

Again, thanks for the input.

Lyn

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Group,

Lyn

I'm sure you can get any number of straps and have a tailor put it on. JB can probably send you a strap. Get a used case or a used laptop bag and use the strap from there if you are attached to the case and don't want to replace it.

I had an old 2x4 case I got at the room where I met my wife, smoke smell and all, did not replace it till the thing was quite literally falling apart and the interior rubber was crumbling.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the information Chris. Tried to get a few replacement feet from Creative years ago. The sales manager at the time told me they no longer honored the "lifetime" warranty. I'll try Mueller's per your suggestion. Let you know the results.

Need that case only when I'm in Vegas. Roughly 80 to 90 days a year. Have to admit, love the "backpack" set up JB Cases offers. Own a "backpack" JB Butterfly now for use on the east coast.

Again, thanks for the input.

Lyn

Maybe have JB make a strap or buy an aftermarket...... as for lifetime warranties...most of the time they are absolutely worthless or a hassle. That goes for any product. I needed recourse a few times and companies were out of business or the product is not available any more.

Try to cash in on cushions for a Brunswick. They do their best to discourage following through.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
as for lifetime warranties...most of the time they are absolutely worthless or a hassle. That goes for any product. I needed recourse a few times and companies were out of business or the product is not available any more.

GC,

During the eighties, I ran a stereo / hifi store. We had a lifetime warranty on our products. Our lawyers assured us the State of New York would only enforce the warranty up to seven years from the date of purchase. By then, the greatest percentage of customers would have either moved away or traded their products. Sure was a great sales hook!!!!

Lyn

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was born, I was immediately given a lifetime warranty. The only problem was no one knows how long it will be honored. Every time I call to find out if it's still good, I either get put on hold or I'm told they will call me back. So far no one has returned my calls. Do you think that is a good thing? :scratchhead:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only you know that answer Jay. On the strap. I would think you can measure up, make a sketch and have one made with clips or sewn on if that is how it's attached.

-Kat,

When I was born, I was immediately given a lifetime warranty. The only problem was no one knows how long it will be honored. Every time I call to find out if it's still good, I either get put on hold or I'm told they will call me back. So far no one has returned my calls. Do you think that is a good thing? :scratchhead:

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Jay, you should be a paid writer for AZ Billiards. I don't post as much as I used to, but you are a great asset to them! Hope all is going your way. I'm golfing up a storm here on the Central Coast.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of lifetime warranties....
I have a Predator 314 that I purchased new about 11/12 years ago. The ferrule had a hairline crack inside, you could see it under good light.
I emailed Predator and was told to send it in (Michigan) and the replacement would cost $45 for the ferrule plus cost of whatever tip I wanted.. w/Kamui soft tip came to $80.
I'm still scratching my head as to what part of lifetime warranty that is?
I understand charging for the tip but the ferrule should be free, hence "lifetime warranty". Hmmmmm....
I had a local guy do the repairs to exact specs on ferrule for $45 total w/tip.

Guess what!!! My next shaft will not be a Predator!!!
Besides that, they just don't seem to be as good nowadays. Their quality control seems to have gone down a bit.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the creative inventions case u have, has rings for the strap?

If it has rings, then look at like PoolDawg,

They sell a product called, Pool of the Gods, or something close to that.

They sell a replacement shoulder strap that I have purchased in the past.

They have quick release rings and extra attachments. These work great for replacement shoulder straps on a pool case.

The straps were on sale for $10.00 at one time, I think regular price is $14.95 or $20.00.

Hope this helps,

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy:thumbup:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
If it has rings, then look at like PoolDawg,

They sell a product called, Pool of the Gods, or something close to that.

They sell a replacement shoulder strap that I have purchased in the past.

They have quick release rings and extra attachments. These work great for replacement shoulder straps on a pool case.

The straps were on sale for $10.00 at one time, I think regular price is $14.95 or $20.00.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Mike,

Don't remember rings. This case is nearly twenty five years old. As I mentioned, it resides in Vegas. I'm currently in Rochester, NY. I'll be out there on the 18th for the BCAPL and CSI events. I'll check the case again. Just waiting for the strap to actually break.

Lyn

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Chris,

I spoke by e-mail with a representative of Mueller's. Regretfully, they are not set up to repair Porper cases only offer them for sale. He suggested several alternatives. One question I failed to ask is how they honor the warranty if there is no repair facility. Tomorrow is another day.

Looked carefully at the photo of the case you suggested. There is a small tag below the top pocket. On my current case, that is a "Made in the USA" tag. Can not magnify enough to tell for sure.

Lyn

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the creative invention case has rings then no problem

If it has straps or the straps are broken, then you can also get replacement Velcro straps and you can goto like home depot or lowes and get a d-ring and or similar and add that to the case with the new Velcro strap that wraps around the old case.

Then you order one of the straps that I listed before from like seyberts, pool of the gods, or poison and another suppier makes the shoulder straps, Or you can contact Castillo leather or JB cases and then you can order a strap or a custom made shoulder strap either single, double or back pack style.

Hope this helps,

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Lyn we can make you a strap. If Mueller's sells the cases they should honor the warranty. They can have straps made that would fit with literally zero effort. I would never allow the Porper name to be tarnished by not honoring the warranty if I bought their name. Especially since the cost is slight and the benefit is huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Also, if you have the existing strap you can get it fixed easily at any luggage repair shop, even any tailor or person with a sewing machine can easily fix those straps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Usually the lifetime warranties are for the "expected usable life of the product". You are probably past that already :D;)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris,

I spoke by e-mail with a representative of Mueller's. Regretfully, they are not set up to repair Porper cases only offer them for sale. He suggested several alternatives. One question I failed to ask is how they honor the warranty if there is no repair facility. Tomorrow is another day.

Looked carefully at the photo of the case you suggested. There is a small tag below the top pocket. On my current case, that is a "Made in the USA" tag. Can not magnify enough to tell for sure.

Lyn

Bummer. I like their company, but they should take that verbiage out of their ads if they're not going to honor the deal. I called them as well out of curiousity. They closed down their Chatsworth case making facility. I assume all the Porper cases are made overseas now. I don't know what Joe's doing, probably concentrating on magic props. He's famous for that as well.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder if I can buy an extended warranty? :eek:

I get calls from Florida all the time for extended warranties. They say if I don't act before the call ends they cannot offer if again. It's the silver, gold,plus, executive, premier, premium 100 years with no deductible.