Lying Laurie Franklin of SW cues

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been on her list for over 12 years and she confirmed this last year by my SS# over emails and phone calls we had and said my spot is coming up soon and I asked her if I could pay in advance and she said no we’ll call you Never heard back from her it was a 5-7 year wait back then when I added my my name to that list what I lying POS

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
if laurie told you that you have a spot then you have a spot,plain and simple.i find it hard to believe that she would not accept early payment since I've been doing that since my first order with them in 1986,Jerry even finished a cue for me early in 1993 because I had prepayed and he wanted to get my cue to me!

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if laurie told you that you have a spot then you have a spot,plain and simple.i find it hard to believe that she would not accept early payment since I've been doing that since my first order with them in 1986,Jerry even finished a cue for me early in 1993 because I had prepayed and he wanted to get my cue to me!

She used the excuse of not excepting my money for being as different woods not being available in the future

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She used the excuse of not excepting my money for being as different woods not being available in the future

Sounds like a policy change.

We know woods are getting problematic.

I re-read your post several times.

Where is she lying?

She said "soon"? Did you ask her what soon meant?

In SW time I would guess soon would mean a year or two.

I signed up back around 2002 I think and I guess sort of walked away from my spot. My contact info has changed numerous times since then and I have never contacted them since then.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After this thread....

no cue for you!

Attachments

• download (10).jpg
    download (10).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 3,367

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a policy change.

We know woods are getting problematic.

I re-read your post several times.

Where is she lying?

She said "soon"? Did you ask her what soon meant?

In SW time I would guess soon would mean a year or two.

I signed up back around 2002 I think and I guess sort of walked away from my spot. My contact info has changed numerous times since then and I have never contacted them since then.

When SW started taking orders ( notice was posted here on azbilliards) I waited a little bit thinking it would be too long for a cue but after a month I signed up and my wait was still a long ways off 7 years about that said my contact info never changed

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I offered to pay upfront the whole price not a partial payment when I talked to her

My thoughts at the time she wouldn’t take my money in advance is that maybe she had customers that payed upfront and ask for their money back.

I don’t think she ever intended to build me a cue because she’s making more money overseas

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I have never heard of anyone that can't get along with Laurie Franklin.
Not to mention all the money people have made off of her cues over the years.
If she's doing something to make an extra buck more power to her.

Considering all of the lies that have been told by cuemakers over the years, there is nothing Laurie could do to come close.
I can't even get a straight answer on the ship date after the cue has been ready for weeks.

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never heard of anyone that can't get along with Laurie Franklin.
Not to mention all the money people have made off of her cues over the years.
If she's doing something to make an extra buck more power to her.

Considering all of the lies that have been told by cuemakers over the years, there is nothing Laurie could do to come close.
I can't even get a straight answer on the ship date after the cue has been ready for weeks.

I’m calling her a LIAR

I got along with her over the phone very nice person but she’s a liar 12 years I’ve been waiting and passed over for years

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I tell this story in the pool room they laugh ! But they know .... and they respond to it

Yes I’m pissed :angry:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
When I tell this story in the pool room they laugh ! But they know .... and they respond to it

Yes I’m pissed :angry:

This thread is going to kill the South West market, new and secondary.
How do you expect Laurie Franklin to sell a pool cue with everyone calling her a liar?
This could create real problems for those poor people in Las Vegas

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scratches head...

It sounds like you think she allowed hundreds of other people in front of you to push your expected start date from 7 years to 12 years (and more)?

Could it be the orders in front of yours took longer than expected?

I’ve seen a few threads on here on the past 2-3 years where the OP got the call his cue is ready to begin construction. If I recall correctly, these people had all been waiting over 10 years.

JC

Coos Cues
Five years late and counting is not acceptable.

But then again neither is a seven year wait so what's the difference?

It's all absurd. I'm amazed she takes orders at all.

She could make the exact same cues in the exact same time frame with more profit and zero stress but chooses this business model. The word masochist comes to mind.

Last edited:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've suffered enough

Can I have your spot, I seems pretty worthless now. Even if you get it
I don't think you could enjoy it with all the mental anguish you've
suffered. This is almost as bad as the hurt and torment of infamous DYDC
fiasco.
jack

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Schmelke and talk to Kim, 1-800-850-8832, she won't lie to you. You'll have about a 2 week wait. The cue will pot a ball about the same as a SW. I ain't lyin to ya !!! LOL