Is This PREOAIDR Z2 a Good Cue?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
It says it is made of American Ash.
Multi Core Technology.
Kinda expensive at $60

Introducing the Preoaidr 3142 Z2 low deflection shaft with a re-engineered front end.

Professional Taper
10-piece splicing construction
Better Consistency
Low Deflection, Increased Accuracy
More Action and Spin
Top Seller
Low Price
Note: It is Preoaidr not Predator

Attachments

• 025AB4DA-B5E1-4686-8A34-7D85155E26B2.jpeg
    025AB4DA-B5E1-4686-8A34-7D85155E26B2.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,335
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It says it is made of American Ash.
Multi Core Technology.
Kinda expensive at $60

Introducing the Preoaidr 3142 Z2 low deflection shaft with a re-engineered front end.

Professional Taper
10-piece splicing construction
Better Consistency
Low Deflection, Increased Accuracy
More Action and Spin
Top Seller
Low Price
Note: It is Preoaidr not Predator
Knock-off city.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I haven't played with any of those knock offs, but I have not heard any good reviews from reputable folks. I have read that they are not solid wood butts, but had sawdust in the centre when someone took it apart. I can not confirm the truth in that, so take it with a grain of salt.

Ash is used in a lot of snooker cues. Ash was the best available in the UK in abundance when cues were first being built. Ash is still used in a lot of snooker cues. For pool, you are typically using maple shafts. Someone better versed on the history of cue making can speak better about ash vs maple shafts.

I personally wouldn't spend the money to try the knock off.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive got one at home, its a blak knockoff and the z2 was just a solid piece of maple not spliced. Now the shaft has a warp but the butt was dead nuts with a uniloc pin and a extention to boot. The cue hits solid as a rock and a normal uniloc pred fits perfect. I got it on a multi cue deal as a throw in and I will atest to the butt being solid.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that "scsuxci" says his, has a uniloc pin, but I looked at the SP "mchnhed" was referring to and it looks like a 5/16" x14 or 5/16 x 18" maybe.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bought a jump break cue once. great for jumping but didn't break as good as my existing jump breaker so couldnt justify keeping it just for jumping.

the shafts are low grade, grain isn't dense enough. but the butt on the breaker was nice for the money. i know people who have bought them for the butt and put on a pred shaft with good results