Player Holding the Record Oldest Age to Reach/Exceed Their Age For a 14.1 High Run?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, it's a big deal in golf to shoot your age or lower, and I'm sure there's a record for the oldest person to have shot their age or lower - I'm guessing someone 90 or so.

Likewise in pool, I wonder if there's a record for the oldest person to have had a 14.1 run matching or exceeding their age. I would guess it's about the same age as a golfer shooting their age - likely around 90 or so?

I wonder who it is or who the best hunch guesses would be for who it is? What age were they when the accomplished it, and what was the run?

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with my great uncle when he shot his age...he was late 80s. Never was a good golfer his whole life but extraordinarily fit for his age. He told me he shot his age almost every day. Last time I played golf with him he was 92 and fell and broke his wrist after a drive. I think that was the last time he played.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for the 14.1 question. It’s interesting because it’s backwards. The younger you are the easier to shoot your age. I’m pretty sure I ran my age when I was 10. Probably haven’t done it since. :)

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with my great uncle when he shot his age...he was late 80s. Never was a good golfer his whole life but extraordinarily fit for his age. He told me he shot his age almost every day. Last time I played golf with him he was 92 and fell and broke his wrist after a drive. I think that was the last time he played.
There was a golf club professional down the mountain in Morganton, NC by the name of Joe Cheves, who first shot his age at the age of 64 - he shot 64. I believe he still holds the record for shooting the most strokes under his age (17), when he matched that 64 at age 81!

He passed away of cancer 11 years ago at the age of 89, and I'm not sure the last time he shot his age, but I'm guessing it was within a few years of his passing.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A couple more similar questions of interest:

• Who ran 100 or more at the oldest age?
In another thread, Jay Helfert suggested that Jimmy Moore might hold that title. Others suggested that George Rood and Ray Martin might be contenders.​
• Who ran 100 or more for the first time in his life at the oldest age?
I've never seen that one discussed.​

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple more similar questions of interest:

• Who ran 100 or more at the oldest age?

• In another thread, Jay Helfert suggested that Jimmy Moore might hold that title. Others suggested that George Rood and Ray Martin might be contenders.

• Who ran 100 or more for the first time in his life at the oldest age?

• I've never seen that one discussed.
How about the highest runs for players that have had total shoulder replacements on both shoulders? I'd hope my 84 might put me somewhere on that list.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I remember Johnny Ervolino ran 320-something when he was roughly 70 years old. But it was not his PB. Someone can post the details?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Johnny Ervolino ran 320-something when he was roughly 70 years old. But it was not his PB. Someone can post the details?

I recall something like a 361 around 2001.

I recall something like this because I was playing JE some $20 1pocket, while we were warming up for a tournament in Vegas, and I had to listen to him moaning about how he couldn’t play any more, though I had just read about his run, lol.

Lou Figueroa