what are your least favorite positional shots that ALWAYS come up in game?

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shot is called "After Massé".
You jam the 8 ball in the corner with the CB rotating towards the left.
After the CB touches the 8-ball is travels down table for the 9.

Yes sir!

I know this shot.. there's actually two ways to make it, I usually pinch
the rail and screw back off the long rail.. I still hate it as sometimes the
8 will jaw up.. OR Whitey scratches up in the corner... depends on the table.
I saw an old school player jump the CB slightly, popping it up on the rail,
make the 8, CB comes straight up table.. ala Grady.

Crossing the positional line? Now that's control.. I always go too far.. always
marveled at how Efren could put whitey right on that line.

Last edited:

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back cuts have always been a struggle for me. No matter how many I shoot they never become a comfortable shot.

Slow shots where you need to use extreme outside english are a problem for me too. It's hard because you know the cue ball is going to masse/swerve a little bit before contact and it's tough to judge the amount.

I also have a problem with stun-follow shots (I think that's the name?). It's when you hit a stop shot but hit it slightly above center so the cue ball rolls forward about 2 inches after contact. My stroke timing is always off on these shots.

Derek7646

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back cuts have always been a struggle for me. No matter how many I shoot they never become a comfortable shot.

Slow shots where you need to use extreme outside english are a problem for me too. It's hard because you know the cue ball is going to masse/swerve a little bit before contact and it's tough to judge the amount.

I also have a problem with stun-follow shots (I think that's the name?). It's when you hit a stop shot but hit it slightly above center so the cue ball rolls forward about 2 inches after contact. My stroke timing is always off on these shots.

Ugh, i don't even bother trying the stun-follow shot. The situations when i would want to use it are typically scratch shots if you follow to much, so i just slow roll (table dependant). I either get a dead stop or too much follow, my stroke cannot be controlled on those types of shots.

I did get pretty cozy with soft spin shots, ie the classic two roll cross table position cut shot with a touch of outside. Just have to hit those shots over and over and over until you know where you need to aim with a soft stroke.