Jackpot Cues

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just that I can't tell you the times I've heard players who can't play a lick critiquing how a cue plays.

Kind of silly when you ponder it.

Kind of like the APA-3 players with LD shafts and fancy cues. Without an LD shaft they couldn't make a ball. With an LD, they still can't make a ball.

The "hit" of a cue doesn't mean you "hit" the cue ball with the cue.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Howd youse guys get so smart? Man I have been learning new words reading the latest posts on this thread, keep the hyperarticulated sentences coming:p

Cuebuddy>>>>just tryen to fit in.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Kind of like the APA-3 players with LD shafts and fancy cues. Without an LD shaft they couldn't make a ball. With an LD, they still can't make a ball.

The "hit" of a cue doesn't mean you "hit" the cue ball with the cue.
You can tell 50% of the hit by toning the butt.
And I'm not talking about going to the gym and doing squats.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howd youse guys get so smart? Man I have been learning new words reading the latest posts on this thread, keep the hyperarticulated sentences coming:p

Cuebuddy>>>>just tryen to fit in.
This is me in a nutshell right here. I've learned lots of new and bigger words here. Of course I don't know the meaning of most and have trouble pronouncing them correctly, but I'm having loads of fun.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You doggedly determined bastards! Fine:
A- I made the jackpot cues
2. I have deans tasc. Slipped it into my case when I delivered the blackpots.
B) I shot ball 527 for Schmidt.

Fine. You feel better now.

:eek:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Where's Hoffa buried? Brian.

JC

Coos Cues
So a crappy player is just as well off playing with a cue that feels like sh*t in his hands as opposed to one that actually feels good to him?

I'm not seeing the logic in this.

And yes....even a crappy player can tell what does and doesn't feel good to him. They're not Neanderthals. :D

Maniac

Maybe there is a correlation between their level of play and their ability to correctly ascertain what "good" feels like?

I used to have a GC3 that was pretty nice. I had a pro player over and told him I was getting rid of it and getting a diamond.

He told me that a table like my Brunswick isn't something you get rid of, it's something you look for.

Same concept I think. He probably knew more than I did. But I got a diamond anyway :)

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do tell?

How do you know this?

Do you know the maker?

Not trying to answer for Ideologoist, but as soon as someone posted up pics of the cues, he chimed in about the countersinking holes thing, so I would guess he made that call based on the pics that were posted, I doubt he ordered a Jackpot, but will be interested to hear his answer.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
How do you know this?

Do you know the maker?

Not trying to answer for Ideologoist, but as soon as someone posted up pics of the cues, he chimed in about the countersinking holes thing, so I would guess he made that call based on the pics that were posted, I doubt he ordered a Jackpot, but will be interested to hear his answer.

I have seen one in person and pics of another.

There are visible issues in a brand new cue.

The "internal ideas" were skipped on these cues

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You saw the cue "internally"?

I'm quoting Dean's marketing schlock. You're welcome to enjoy your cue, but for a "master cuemaker" talked up to the moon who has a 3/8-10 shaft with ugly tapped threads on a flat hole, it's missing a lot of the mastery.

The visible facing issues in the parts is disappointing when this work is easily done on heavy equipment. You can see where there are little bits of chatter at the edges of parts.

Sure, I'm particular about construction, but I'm more bothered by the constant spamming and preening, when you can see steps less than mastery on these cues.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Wait! Black-Balled just beat us on a technicality. No damn fair!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm quoting Dean's marketing schlock. You're welcome to enjoy your cue, but for a "master cuemaker" talked up to the moon who has a 3/8-10 shaft with ugly tapped threads on a flat hole, it's missing a lot of the mastery.

The visible facing issues in the parts is disappointing when this work is easily done on heavy equipment. You can see where there are little bits of chatter at the edges of parts.

Sure, I'm particular about construction, but I'm more bothered by the constant spamming and preening, when you can see steps less than mastery on these cues.

To me, it seems that a lot of people posting in this thread are more obsessed with the way Dean posts or sells his cues than they care about who made the cue, the quality of the cue, or how it plays.

If you don't like Dean's threads or posts, don't read them.

And if you are not the owner of AZB, don't worry about whether Dean is a Gold Member or not. If AZB doesn't worry about it, you shouldn't either.

You said you saw a Jackpot cue in person. Did the owner like it? Did you play with it? Did the owner ask for a refund? If not, why are YOU worried about it?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

You're citing the biggest scammer and outright thief in billiards with that link. "High dollar" is hilariously appropriate.

You're also defending a guy who is walking that line pretty hard on these cues.

While I find the posting obnoxious, the misleading or the public is really what bothers me. Any other guy would get banned for it.

Why do my posts bother you so much? Don't read them.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got dang it, that's funny as hell. Sad but funny at the same time. I bet Dean will laugh at that.

It's funny and brutal at the same time, that's pool in a nutshell.
I hope he gets the cue back, but if he doesn't I'm sure he won't be any more surprised than the rest of us.