The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan HUGE Action Match Nov. 15-18th

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's on guys, finally the match we have all been waiting on it's The Best of The Best.

Live from Buffalo's Billiards in the Big Easy. :)

The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs T-Rex Tony Chohan best out of 5 Races to 10 One Pocket.

$72,000 Prize Fund

It will be race to 10 each day 1st player to win three sets wins the cheese.

Jeremy Jones will be in the commentary booth and there is a very good chance that Dr. Bill Billy Incardona will be joining JJ.

43371789_341822613057419_3533161516415057920_n.jpg

buffs building.jpg
Buffalos Billiards
5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

jj-s-gif.gif

Last edited:

BJK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aww yeah! And JJ in the booth too!?! Shut up and take my money!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So that's four days? Should it be one day longer than the thread title if it were to go the distance? ;)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
race to 10 each day. What if it is 2-2 and goes to a 5th day? Just curious as I might drive over for it. I have had a few to drink by this point. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
I was just talking to Ray about this, at this point i think the plan is if it goes hill hill they will play final set on Monday.

But that is not confirmed yet, they might play two sets on Sunday.

Not sure about you guys but i love this format.

Best out of 5 Races to 10 One Pocket keeps it interesting each day. Makes easy to to get bets down every day.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
race to 10 each day. What if it is 2-2 and goes to a 5th day? Just curious as I might drive over for it. I have had a few to drink by this point. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I was agreeing with you and trying to be funny.
I decided it was unnecessary and unfunny so I deleted it.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just talking to Ray about this, at this point i think the plan is if it goes hill hill they will play final set on Monday.

But that is not confirmed yet, they might play two sets on Sunday.

Not sure about you guys but i love this format.

Best out of 5 Races to 10 One Pocket keeps it interesting each day. Makes easy to to get bets down every day.

Sounds like a good format. Not a big fan of ahead races myself.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Congrats to all who made this match-up happen. Should be one hell of a match. Races to ten are long races and the cream is sure to rise to the top in such a marathon. Good luck to the organizers and to both of these fine players.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
After what Alex did to Justin on his home court, I'd have a hard time betting against him. It seems like every time he matches up with a top player he finds a way to get the cash. Alex, Dennis and Francisco are all winners in my book.

The only guy Alex doesn't want to play is Dennis, interestingly enough. It's pretty much a case of mutual respect, but if the money was right Dennis would be there like a bear. Trust me, they have played in the Philippines (Ten Ball and Rotation) and Alex didn't like it. Dennis is still the money game King of the Philippines! None of these three really bar anybody, except each other. They will play cheap sets though (a few hundred dollars) just to stay in stroke.

That said, no one wants to go to Taiwan and match up and I mean NO ONE! Not even the Filipinos. As Dennis said, "There are too many good players over there!" Taiwan is a lot closer than the USA, but you won't see the Filipinos flying that way for action! They like the easy pickings over here by comparison.

Last edited:

PoolRookie

Minnesota
Silver Member
After what Alex did to Justin on his home court, I'd have a hard time betting against him. It seems like every time he matches up with a top player he finds a way to get the cash. Alex, Dennis and Francisco are all winners in my book.

The only guy Alex doesn't want to play is Dennis, interestingly enough. It's pretty much a case of mutual respect, but if the money was right Dennis would be there like a bear. Trust me, they have played in the Philippines (Ten Ball and Rotation) and Alex didn't like it. Dennis is still the money game King of the Philippines! None of these three really bar anybody, except each other. They will play cheap sets though (a few hundred dollars) just to stay in stroke.

That said, no one wants to go to Taiwan and match up and I mean NO ONE! Not even the Filipinos. As Dennis said, "There are too many good players over there!" Taiwan is a lot closer than the USA, but you won't see the Filipinos flying that way for action! They like the easy pickings over here by comparison.

I would love to see Shane and Dennis play a $5-10,000 set of ten ball out of their own pocket. That’s far more impressive than getting backed. I think Shane robs him easily playing 10 ahead for any amount out of your own pocket. Bergman as well robs Dennis betting his own. Not impressed with top players playing with others money. No pressure just a free roll. I’d rather see $1000 sets nonstop than these huge sets with a community fronting the money.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I would love to see Shane and Dennis play a $5-10,000 set of ten ball out of their own pocket. That’s far more impressive than getting backed. I think Shane robs him easily playing 10 ahead for any amount out of your own pocket. Bergman as well robs Dennis betting his own. Not impressed with top players playing with others money. No pressure just a free roll. I’d rather see $1000 sets nonstop than these huge sets with a community fronting the money.

I'd love to see that matchup with Bergman also, you and I can bet the same amount.
Jason

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you really think the worlds best players would play any different just because they are betting a few 1000 of their own money :confused: :scratchhead:

Uniballpenman

Registered
I love watching T-Rex play one hole. Top 3 favorite movers. T-Rex has gamble for sure, but lord what an uphill battle against Alex.