Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page Raffles are no longer allowed on the site
Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
rossaroni
AzB Gold Member
rossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond reputerossaroni has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7175

07-29-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osohappie View Post
Can we start selling tickets????? Say 46 of them. You go in knowing you are just buying tickets.......and if the person who has the ticket that matches the powerball they could trade it for a cue or a case (if they want of course) or they could keep their ticket.

I mean you physically have to send the tickets to everyone. Hell, you could sign the tickets so really you are buying an autograph, and if your ticket just so happens to match the powerball then you could trade for a cue or case.

Just an idea.

Gary
Even better, how about selling ebooks or something...maybe an e-PM and one lucky buyer will win something? I know people have done this in the past.

Old
  (#62)
jlrowe
Billiards,Boxing & Babes
jlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-29-2011, 09:20 PM

Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary". Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.

JL Rowe
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
-When you're fire'em in, it's like driving nails in a coffin baby-

Old
  (#63)
jlrowe
Billiards,Boxing & Babes
jlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond reputejlrowe has a reputation beyond repute

07-29-2011, 10:37 PM

Wow! The Attorney General contacted AZ. I agree with Ross, e-books and downloadable software would be the best choice. Once you make your instructional manual or ever what it would be easy just wait and deliver the ebook or software by forwarding it to all the customers at once.

JL Rowe

Old
  (#64)
jaycast16
AzB Silver Member
jaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond reputejaycast16 has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2011, 01:40 AM

It is sad to know that there will be raffles anymore here on AZ...i am a huge fan of raffle and i have to admit i made a lot of money in raffles..let's decide which site will hold the raffle and let's this fun going again!

Name : JAYPEE....and proud to be a Filipino!!!
Player : SCHON STL10 with Mezz Hybrid Pro II with hard kamui black clear
Break cue : Jacoby

Old
  (#65)
bklynjava
I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
bklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-30-2011, 04:19 AM

Each raffle holder will be paying for a digital copy of one of my apps.

1. iThemeit
  2. Nunlock
  3. VistaJal
  4. MyiTones

See them here: http://noobforums.com

It's now a win win for everyone and legal.

This kind of a system here on AZB would work to keep the raffles open. A digital copy of how to shoot a better game of pool. Type it up yourself and when the raffle is over everone gets a copy they paid for. DONE|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrowe View Post
Here is some info on raffles: a raffle is illegal if it constitutes a lottery. a lottery involves three elements a prize(s), chance and consideration. In order to deem it legal one of the elements has to be eliminated. Prize cannot be eliminated. Chance can but only by skill(and there are even gray areas on this one). Consideration is commonly eliminated by putting in the clause *"no purchase necessary".Another way to eliminate this is to award prizes to all participants (i.e. the participants are receiving something for their money) Hope this helps
Oh by the way, This does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. Why because im a gambling and raffle addict.

Last edited by bklynjava; 07-30-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Old
  (#66)
boradriver
AzB Silver Member
boradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond reputeboradriver has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6500

07-30-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynjava View Post

1. iThemeit
  2. Nunlock
  3. VistaJal
  4. MyiTones

See them here: http://noobforums.com

It's now a win win for everyone and legal.

This kind of a system here on AZB would work to keep the raffles open. A digital copy of how to shoot a better game of pool. Type it up yourself and when the raffle is over everone gets a copy they paid for. DONE|
if something like this works that would be awesome.

Playing cue- pred sneaky or SW satin
Break cue - bk3
Case- JB rugged

Old
  (#67)
classiccues
Enlightened.....
classiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond reputeclassiccues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-30-2011, 05:27 AM

Mike,
Sorry to hear about it. If it is cuecomponents, then every one of his for sale threads should get a link to one of these posts about the raffles.

Second, let people run auction style sales. Change the category to auctions and let those types of sales be allowed. In this economy, probably a good incentive to sell/buy.

JV

www.classiccues.com
New site ONLINE.......

Updated 2/2/18

Burton Spain and Craig Petersen

Memorial Day Sale

Premium Custom Cues for Sale and Vintage Billiard and Pool Exchange on Facebook....

Old
  (#68)
jwe711
The Great Cue Masters...!
jwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond reputejwe711 has a reputation beyond repute

07-30-2011, 05:41 AM

I'll never spend a penny with cuecomponents.

Hit Lock

"I'm playin good, like I knew I would!"
U.J. Puckett

I Love Scrugg's, Schick's, Lambros, and TAD's...

Old
  (#69)
jlrowe
Billiards,Boxing & Babes

07-30-2011, 09:54 AM

[QUOTE=bklynjava;3130470]Each raffle holder will be paying for a digital copy of one of my apps.

bklynjava instead of using the word raffle on your site which would still could be questioned as a venue for possible illegal activity. Why not just list the section as E-books & Digital Software. Post a sticky that a seller if giving away a free item to one of their customers, each and everyone of the customers must receive the purchase or it will violate your terms of agreement. This way you should be protecting yourself and your posters from paypal restrictions.

JL Rowe

Last edited by jlrowe; 07-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Old
  (#70)
bklynjava
I use PK...UFIGUREITOUT
bklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond reputebklynjava has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-30-2011, 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=jlrowe;3130796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynjava View Post

bklynjava instead of using the word raffle on your site which would still could be questioned as a venue for possible illegal activity. Why not just list the section as E-books & Digital Software. Post a sticky that a seller if giving away a free item to one of their customers, each and everyone of the customers must receive the purchase or it will violate your terms of agreement. This way you should be protecting yourself and your posters from paypal restrictions.
Yeah I agree and will make the changes as soon as members start setting up raffles which will not be raffles but called potluck for their purchases there will be 46 pot luck numbers and everyone can buy a digital item and 1 pot luck number gets the potluck item with their purchase.

Old
  (#71)
jlrowe
Billiards,Boxing & Babes

07-31-2011, 10:52 AM

BkylnJava has put a lot of effort into this. Great job! Looks great! I like the familiarity of the vBullentin and the added protection offered by BkylnJava. I think that both sites should be kept up as an option. Because of the work that went into making it happen. It would be a shame for a person to have to do all this work for nothing. What may work better for one person may not for another.

JL Rowe

Last edited by jlrowe; 07-31-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Old
  (#72)
Wolven
AzB Silver Member
Wolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond reputeWolven has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2011, 10:54 AM

The cueComponents guy is clearly an asshole and a low life.
So, is everyone going to boycott CueComponents?
Will he be banned from being on AZ?

--------------------------------------------------
Playing cue: Mezz/WD700 &/or Predator/314^2

???
Old
  (#73)
XPLAYHARDX
AzB Silver Member
XPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond reputeXPLAYHARDX has a reputation beyond repute

??? - 07-31-2011, 06:15 PM

I'm not sure who cuecomponants is but what was the motivation to want the raffles stopped??? I enjoyed the option although i still have my raffle cherry. Wish i could have broken it with the hercks choice raffle.

Old
  (#74)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

07-31-2011, 07:10 PM

I don't see that being a problem.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
Mike,

Will it be possible for us to post a link to a raffle on another site here on AZ? Or is that a no-no?

Thanks,

Russ...

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

awww
Old
  (#75)
createatks
Focus on RAFFLE
createatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond reputecreateatks has a reputation beyond repute

awww - 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM

Man! Its really a bad news for me. I love Raffle since i starts to join this forum. All the things here are fun and great. F*** for whoever report it or do harm to this raffle forum.

However Thanks guys for the fun until it ends here...

Ricky

Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: