Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Wanted/For Sale
Reload this Page New Panjo Marketplace
Page 3 of 15 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average.
Old
  (#31)
asiasdad
Is the dollar your God ?
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-14-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHousePro View Post
OK, we are going to run the Panjo marketplace and see how it works for us.

When you post a new item in this area, you will be taken to the marketplace to set up the item and upon creation of the item in the marketplace, a thread will be created in this area with a link to your item in the marketplace.

There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want.

One important caveat though. You can NOT post new items that are currently in the AzB marketplace. We are not going to have people using this area to compete with our own marketplace.

Thanks for understanding.
Mike,

I'm a gold member.

I just clicked on "new thread" and it took me to this panjo thing.

I then clicked on "return to azbilliards" and it bounced me completely
off the site....??????????????

how do I list something in for sale without using this panjo thing ?

Also, on several occasions today I would go to the for sale section and see
what it is showing as the top thread....when I go to for sale, that thread is
nowhere to be found...this panjo is just too fukked up for me.

This is some honest feedback for you.

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant - Maximilien Robespierre

Old
  (#32)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-14-2014, 09:48 PM

Do you mean this one?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=381709

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefats View Post
I tried to bump my Gilbert and can't find it,WHAT'S UP

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Old
  (#33)
AzHousePro
Administrator
AzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond reputeAzHousePro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2428

11-14-2014, 09:50 PM

For the moment, people are not being redirected to the panjo marketplace as it appears to be having issues.

I also made some changes to the for sale area today so that threads are listed in the order that they were created. Bumping will not do anything to move you to the top at the moment.

Mike

Name: Mike
Cue: Layani w/ Predator Shaft
Break Cue: X-Breaker
Hours of pool: Not enough
Cue Collection: Bludworth

Yes
Old
  (#34)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Yes - 11-14-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRayK View Post
Much, much, much more complicated
Yes I agree, plus does this new market place have anything to do with the normal sale section not being in chronological order anymore?

Old
  (#35)
JAlan
Emperor of the North
JAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond reputeJAlan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

11-15-2014, 08:24 AM

Another issue I have with Panjo is when viewing items from Tapatalk, which is probably the biggest app used for viewing forums on mobile devices.

The Panjo photo displaying is not nearly as smooth as the photos that are hosted by AZ. AZ hosted photos are displayed directly into the device where the Panjo photos are wanting to open to the Panjo site for viewing. Seems to take much longer now.

Not a deal killer of course, just a gripe

Every once in a while the lion has to show the jackals who he is.

Old
  (#36)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-15-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I also made some changes to the for sale area today so that threads are listed in the order that they were created. Bumping will not do anything to move you to the top at the moment.

Mike

Set the For Sale forum so that only Gold members can list classified ads and you have eliminated an enormous junk of spam.

Panjo may turn out to be a good thing, but everyone knows that the more steps involved will mean more problems to solve.

Old
  (#37)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member
DAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond reputeDAVE_M has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko View Post
Yes I agree, plus does this new market place have anything to do with the normal sale section not being in chronological order anymore?
The for sale section was never listed in chronological order, but it is now.

It was originally set to show threads in order of the most recent post. That's why "bumping" worked. The most recent post would bump your thread to the top. The way it is now, if your classified is old, it will linger to the back pages and be out of sight.

A good setting is to auto-delete threads that are more than 30 days old. If you haven't sold anything in a month, then you are doing something wrong.

Old
  (#38)
asiasdad
Is the dollar your God ?
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

11-15-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
The for sale section was never listed in chronological order, but it is now.

It was originally set to show threads in order of the most recent post. That's why "bumping" worked. The most recent post would bump your thread to the top. The way it is now, if your classified is old, it will linger to the back pages and be out of sight.

A good setting is to auto-delete threads that are more than 30 days old. If you haven't sold anything in a month, then you are doing something wrong.
I like the 30 day auto delete idea and agree completely.

What I can see as a problem with the new system is it is not condusive to one
posting a multiple of cues in one thread as you would have as an example 4 cues
dropping out of site at one time instead of individually.

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant - Maximilien Robespierre

Old
  (#39)
SKPool
AzB Bronze Member
SKPool is on a distinguished road

11-15-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeG View Post
i posted a cue using this panjo thingie, but it posted my cue to the panjo marketplace and not on the usual for sale forum. what's up with that?
Not sure. I am new to the board so panjo was the first thi g I used. I have recieved some communicatio on my listing so it seems to be working....

Old
  (#40)
DAVE_M
AzB Silver Member

11-15-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiasdad View Post
I like the 30 day auto delete idea and agree completely.

What I can see as a problem with the new system is it is not condusive to one
posting a multiple of cues in one thread as you would have as an example 4 cues
dropping out of site at one time instead of individually.
I have another solution to that.

Create subforums:
Cues
Cue Cases
Cue Accessories
Apparel

Then make it mandatory to have individual listings for cues. There are so many people that do not list their for sale ads in their signatures. I don't see why... It's free advertising any time you post!

For example:

CLICK PICTURE TO GO TO AZBILLIARDS.COM

It's simple URL and IMG text coding. Nearly every vBulletin forum uses the same codes.

Old
  (#41)
rjb1168
AzB Silver Member

rjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond reputerjb1168 has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post

Set the For Sale forum so that only Gold members can list classified ads and you have eliminated an enormous junk of spam.
This makes more sense !!!!!!!!!!

Old
  (#42)
Worminator
<--- Haleyness!
Worminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond reputeWorminator has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

11-15-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko View Post
No... read Mike's post #33 right above yours.

Jamie

..............."The trusted name in cue deals"
You can also feel free to text me at the number above

Old
  (#43)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2014, 06:36 PM

Here's some info from the Panjo website

about how it works: http://www.panjo.com/faq

and about the people behind it: http://www.panjo.com/about

Old
  (#44)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
OK, we are going to run the Panjo marketplace and see how it works for us. ...
Mike -- What are your reasons for going to Panjo? What do you think will be better (for you, for AzB buyers and sellers)? What do you think might be worse?

Old
  (#45)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member

11-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Since adding a post to a thread no longer bumps up the thread, are we (whether OP or others) now free to post in threads with questions and comments? I.e., no more 48-hour rule?

Page 3 of 15 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: