The International 9-Ball Open

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
All Times Are Eastern

Sunday Oct. 21, 2018
Play Starts at 10:30am EDT

10:30am – Justin Bergman (11) vs. Eric Bayhon (3)

12:30pm - Johnny Archer (11) vs. Ralf Souquet (7)

2: 30pm - Mitch Ellerman (4) vs. Albin Ouschan (11)

Dinner Break

6:30pm – Shane McMinn vs. Jayson Shaw

8:30pm – Niels Feijen vs. Tyler Styer

10:30pm – Bill Thorpe vs. Ko Pin Yi

42416700_268990650427024_4962717453625851904_o.jpg

The International 9-Ball Open

SIGNUPS. http://bit.ly/2PQnG8q
SEATS http://bit.ly/2MSvmVz
HOTEL http://bit.ly/2ppHJPP

Follow Us On Instagram @theinternational9ballopen

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like all the top players will be there for this one! Should be the best tourney of the year stateside.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I'm counting correctly, of the 100 entrants so far, 60 are from outside the USA, and they are from two dozen different countries. Truly an international event!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very impressive-Might be the best ever assembled on US Soil. NINE players from Taiwan but none yet from China Proper and i think at least 2-3 will come.

Does anyone think Pat is much more able to put on these events due to the Accu-Stats sales revenue from matches on the back end? I spoke w someone about that and he said no -that wasn't significant compared to streaming revenue. However he is able to do it-I'm extremely happy for him and a certain 'B' family can pound salt.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very impressive-Might be the best ever assembled on US Soil. NINE players from Taiwan but none yet from China Proper and i think at least 2-3 will come.

Does anyone think Pat is much more able to put on these events due to the Accu-Stats sales revenue from matches on the back end? I spoke w someone about that and he said no -that wasn't significant compared to streaming revenue. However he is able to do it-I'm extremely happy for him and a certain 'B' family can pound salt.

Unless it has changed in the few years for them, hadn't they said numerous times that "hey, we aren't a streaming company" (in response to some complaints about their stream) and this is just side work, and therefore that their main money comes from selling these videos for TV in Asia? At least he can get a tv market over there, LOL. Sad.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless it has changed in the few years for them, hadn't they said numerous times that "hey, we aren't a streaming company" (in response to some complaints about their stream) and this is just side work, and therefore that their main money comes from selling these videos for TV in Asia? At least he can get a tv market over there, LOL. Sad.

Thanks-That's what i would think but the guy who told me differently is in the industry but im still not sure he has good info on this.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m definitely buying the stream even if I can’t watch much of it, just because I want to support this great new event.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m in no way, shape or form affiliated with this event but wanted to tell people who plan on attending to purchase rooms through the Accu-stats website. Pat gets credit for rooms sold, which helps keep the event attractive to the facility. Additionally, the group rate comes with a significant discount in comparison to what rooms are going for down there in that section of town on Hotwire that weekend.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hats off to Pat the sponsors and everybody involved putting in the time effort and hard work to make a huge event like this happen here in the states. :clapping:

vczoux.jpg

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m in no way, shape or form affiliated with this event but wanted to tell people who plan on attending to purchase rooms through the Accu-stats website. Pat gets credit for rooms sold, which helps keep the event attractive to the facility. Additionally, the group rate comes with a significant discount in comparison to what rooms are going for down there in that section of town on Hotwire that weekend.

I tried to book a room a few weeks ago through Sheraton and was told that there were none available. I just booked one through Accustats. Thanks Kap and Thanks to Pat for doing what he does, all of the time.

Keith

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have no idea what is going on in town that weekend (I suspect Norfolk State's homecoming) but hotel prices on the discount sites like Hotwire are like nothing I've ever seen for this -- like between $175 to $300 a night. In 2016 I got a room for $66 and last year it was around the same price. So, if you can book through Accu-stats, do it.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea what is going on in town that weekend (I suspect Norfolk State's homecoming) but hotel prices on the discount sites like Hotwire are like nothing I've ever seen for this -- like between $175 to $300 a night. In 2016 I got a room for $66 and last year it was around the same price. So, if you can book through Accu-stats, do it.

You can definitely get screwed with bad timing on Hotels. I have run into Dog Shows, graduations,, national fraternity get togethers and other surprise gatherings that left me homeless-Couldnt get a room at any price. One time-I had no choice but to drive 3.5 hours home from Ithaca NY at midnight-legally asleep! Checked a couple places on the way home-no rooms

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been screwed by hotels all over the country, because of other events. Earlier this year I paid $130 a night for Motel 6 in Miami. Everything else was $300+. The Sheraton hotel rates are $110 per night, through the AccuStats site.

Scott Lee
http://pool knowledge.com

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like all the top players will be there for this one! Should be the best tourney of the year stateside.

Here, with green background, is who is signed up now (9-27) from the world top 100.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.07.46 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.07.46 AM.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 673

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does FargoRate use two country codes for the Phillippines (PHL; PHI)? Does this affect the FargoRate sorting and analyses? Shouldn't country codes be standardized within FargoRate?