Stan Shuffett - Pro One

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
Hopefully it puts to bed the canard that a half ball hit (pure, not just CTE as a reference line) can only be hit to a pocket at approximately 30 degrees, + or - a couple of inches. Not for shots 22 to 40 degrees.

You mean the canard that a half-ball hit can make shots 22-40 degrees, right? As I understand it, people are claiming this for SAM. This is off topic, but does anyone wish to defend this?

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
PKM said:
You mean the canard that a half-ball hit can make shots 22-40 degrees, right? As I understand it, people are claiming this for SAM. This is off topic, but does anyone wish to defend this?

Good Lord, let it rest. Unless you have been to school, don't quote S.A.M. as if you have been taught it. Thanks.....SPF=randyg

PKM

OB-1 Kenobi
Silver Member
randyg said:
Good Lord, let it rest. Unless you have been to school, don't quote S.A.M. as if you have been taught it. Thanks.....SPF=randyg

Is this not a legitimate topic of discussion on a pool forum? Stan Shuffet was willing to discuss his system, and it sounds much more complicated than SAM. And incidentally, I don't think it will have any detrimental effect on attracting potential students, likely the opposite.

Can a half-ball hit (center to edge) make shots ranging from 22-37 degrees without a pivot or not? That's not even really a system question, just a pool question.

Last edited: