My newest pickup. 1990 Pre-Date Jerry Franklin SW.

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cleaned up with a new set of JP's ( The first and only set I've made so far ) and a matching shaft made from a 314-3 shaft. Buffed out with a newly pressed wrap. Had to share. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 340
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 338
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 341
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 348
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks again guys. I appreciate the great comments. The pic's are of the cue as I received it. I'm gonna polish it up, clean up the shafts, put a new tip on one shaft, and take a few more pic's outside. I'm also gonna try to make a set of joint protectors for it. They won't be fancy, but I'll give it a go. Bear with me.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what the selling price was for this cue when it was new. I had a buddy that got a couple Southwest cues each year until he and Laurie got crossways. He told me he never paid more than $400 each for any of them.

Ken

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder what the selling price was for this cue when it was new. I had a buddy that got a couple Southwest cues each year until he and Laurie got crossways. He told me he never paid more than $400 each for any of them.

Ken

I wish I knew Ken. This is my first SW. Thanks.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Ken

SW's cues were going for around $350 to $450 in 1987, John Wright's prices (650+ for inlaid cues).. By 1990 if I remember right they went up a bit more..

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ken

Deleting my post. In view of a receipt for a '93, 3-veneer gaboon cue, I doubt either what I recall or what I heard about my cue.

Last edited:

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New pic's with the new JP's and a matching 314-3. I also buffed out the cue, and pressed the wrap. Thanks for looking.