Pool Players ...MIA

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
I live in a small town. Winter months are our busy time for pool. With the pretty days here lately most everyone has other things going on. Yard work, fishing , golf and daylight savings time to name a few has an impact on pool here. It seems to be like this every year. I have spent some time in Florida and pool doesn't seem to be as seasonal there but I sure it is to some degree. It will be along time until fall when the action starts up again.

Does anyone else notice this to be the norm in your poolroom ?

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
Mia

kevin s said:
I live in a small town. Winter months are our busy time for pool. With the pretty days here lately most everyone has other things going on. Yard work, fishing , golf and daylight savings time to name a few has an impact on pool here. It seems to be like this every year. I have spent some time in Florida and pool doesn't seem to be as seasonal there but I sure it is to some degree. It will be along time until fall when the action starts up again.

Does anyone else notice this to be the norm in your poolroom ?

Every year like clockwork they go away for a while, they do all the outside stuff for a while then they slowly come back.

They will come in for the air-conditioning when it gets really hot out.
I put away as much as I can in the winter to pay the bills all summer.
Because as you know the bills never stop coming in.

I have learned to deal with it after 14 yrs, I remember when people seemed to play pool all year long, the die hards I guess you would call them.

I dont have food, only snacks and drinks, and am not allowed alcohol or any b.y.o.b so It`s even tougher for me.
Sorry to run my mouth.

Highrun55

kevin s

Tennessee
Silver Member
highrun55 said:
Every year like clockwork they go away for a while, they do all the outside stuff for a while then they slowly come back.

They will come in for the air-conditioning when it gets really hot out.
I put away as much as I can in the winter to pay the bills all summer.
Because as you know the bills never stop coming in.

I have learned to deal with it after 14 yrs, I remember when people seemed to play pool all year long, the die hards I guess you would call them.

I dont have food, only snacks and drinks, and am not allowed alcohol or any b.y.o.b so It`s even tougher for me.
Sorry to run my mouth.

Highrun55
I work a few hours a week to help out my friend that owns the poolroom here. He says the exact things. Save enough in the winter to make it through until the fall.I think if there were more cheap action the die hards would come anyway. But most of the gamblers have gone to playing cards. We have started offering that now. It helps some. We do leagues and tourneys but the turn out falls way off this time of year too!

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
Billiards and bowling is the two things that fall off the face of the earth, during the summer time.

Generally only the die-hards or the people who play leagues keep on playing during the summer. And even then it might only be 2 days a week.