new predator sneaky pete

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pics of the new predator sneaky petes....i think they will be available very soon, maybe this month in time for the holidays. they look quite different from their existing ones, they're reverse sneaky petes now! it appears the street price will be around $425.

Attachments

• SP6GN-detail.jpg
    SP6GN-detail.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,617
  • SP6ON-detail.jpg
    SP6ON-detail.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,620

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no info on the joint type right now....all it says is uni-loc, which could mean either the quick release or radial. I'd prefer radial as well.

fram6878

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
new sneaky pete

Good looking cues. Any info on the type of wood used for the forearms? With price being $425 I would imagine its maple painted black like the qr1, but I could be wrong.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good looking cues. Any info on the type of wood used for the forearms? With price being $425 I would imagine its maple painted black like the qr1, but I could be wrong.

yeah no info on that either, it just says that it is "maple with black splice points". I am assuming it is not ebony, but some kind of black stained wood, maybe maple or something else. I think it would be nice to have the front splice be a denser wood, for balance reasons.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I am a big fan of the Predator SP cues that are the wood to wood joint and I would almost gurantee that these will be the quick release unilocs. I have an SP8RW that was a radial pin and it had to be ordered that way. The new cues dont look bad but imo they would be much more appealing with a dark stained handle and points or even rosewood into the dark nose. It also looks like these are maybe 6 point cues which is a neat idea. For those that like these cues but like the big pin, they are easily converted. The bottom cue has ivory joint rings added and will have a 3/8x11 pin in the next few days.

Attachments

• predators 011.jpg
    predators 011.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,662

TheThaiger

Banned
I am a big fan of the Predator SP cues that are the wood to wood joint and I would almost gurantee that these will be the quick release unilocs. I have an SP8RW that was a radial pin and it had to be ordered that way. The new cues dont look bad but imo they would be much more appealing with a dark stained handle and points or even rosewood into the dark nose. It also looks like these are maybe 6 point cues which is a neat idea. For those that like these cues but like the big pin, they are easily converted. The bottom cue has ivory joint rings added and will have a 3/8x11 pin in the next few days.

I was toying with getting one for ages, a SP4 with a SS joint. How does the hit differ between the radial pin and the unilocs?

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the red one.....hopefully with a steel joint......add an 8 point version and I'm in for both!