Old
  (#16)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-15-2018, 07:54 PM

And, not that it necessarily means anything, but that butt sleeve design was really familiar. If it's Helmstetter, here it is in more recent form, the 87-3 model. Obviously points, joint, etc, are different, so no conclusions. Not that it is a Helmstetter, but it more resembles it than not. I've left this picture huge, hope it downloads.

All the best,
WW
Attached Images

Old
  (#17)
CroweCues
AzB Silver Member
CroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Thank you.

It really is a fantastic piece. And thank you for posting it in the first place. This kind of historical stuff really turns my crank.

I'm guessing you haven't had the chance to see the press photos yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
That joint pin looks like 5/16 X 18 to me. Are there any other McDermotts in that era with that pin?

All the best,
WW
They have used other pins historically. even before the 3/8-10. There are some early cues out there.

I am not the guy that "owns" this cue. I am simply the one looking after it for the next guy. Please take care of your equipment.

Old
  (#18)
CroweCues
AzB Silver Member
CroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond reputeCroweCues has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
And, not that it necessarily means anything, but that butt sleeve design was really familiar. If it's Helmstetter, here it is in more recent form, the 87-3 model. Obviously points, joint, etc, are different, so no conclusions. Not that it is a Helmstetter, but it more resembles it than not. I've left this picture huge, hope it downloads.

All the best,
WW
I agree with you 100%

I am not the guy that "owns" this cue. I am simply the one looking after it for the next guy. Please take care of your equipment.

Old
  (#19)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroweCues View Post
I'm guessing you haven't had the chance to see the press photos yet?

They have used other pins historically. even before the 3/8-10. There are some early cues out there.
Press photos?

As far as the pin, yes, he did different ones earlier. I have seen an early one with a 5/16x14 piloted.

Even later, at least into the 80's I believe different pins were an option. They offered stainless collars as an option and I believe also piloted 5/16x14.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: