Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Job and more jobs, and the winning continues
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-15-2018, 02:57 PM

Coal miners voted for d'rats for years as the d'rat party was systematically working to regulate coal mines out of existence. Eventually, they wised up.
If this town doesn't like trump's immigration policies, because it keeps them from exploiting ultra-cheap labor, they should do like the coal miners have done and vote differently.
They should vote for someone who'll work to flood the country with millions of poor people from the Third World. Hell, most any d'rat will suffice in that regard.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#17)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-15-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
If Americans can't be persuaded to do the job at a wage where the company can still make a profit then the company isn't viable. Business' that aren't profitable close every day. This is a sovereign nation, not a work camp for the world.

On one hand liberals cry about child labor around the world and on the other they don't give a damn if someone will work harder than they ever have for peanuts.

Same goes for the lettuce and celery. I like these foods but will soon forget about them.

JC
Well, historically, we have been a "work camp" for the world.

Look at what Henry Ford did. Brought in tens (hundreds?) of thousands of immigrant workers...had a program to "Americanize" them. He also was a huge advocate of eugenics and officially won the highest civilian honor from Adolf Hitler for his work.

So...yeah, there is US history to support this sort of thing...formally recognized and championed by Adolf Hitler.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#18)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celophanewrap View Post
Which states, I'd like to look that up. I've worked with people here that receive gov't
assistance in various situations and none of them were "comfortable" financially.
Between food stamps, commodities, food banks, and welfare checks they were still trying to decide which
bills to pay and still be able to eat. Some states I know have some pretty good gov't
aide available compared to here, I think it might be interesting to research which ones and
how they do it.
https://youtu.be/aiIcsRRly6I

You can Google as well as I can.....but in this clip they mention 11 states where welfare can pay better than a first year teacher.

Old
  (#19)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

05-15-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post

You can Google as well as I can.....but in this clip they mention 11 states where welfare can pay better than a first year teacher.
Been nice if that vid had links to the info they used to build the segment on -
would save me a bit of diggin -
Don't doubt the claim just interested in the research links -

bill

Old
  (#20)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I guess you missed the part where he said Americans don't want these jobs.

But honestly, you're right, pay someone enough and they'll probably be willing to do just
about anything, but with what they might have to pay an American worker I don't
suppose you'd sell many crab cake sandwiches at about $25 per.

Maybe he's right though, maybe the American worker just doesn't want this gig at any amount of pay
No, I didn't miss that part. Did you miss the part where American do crap jobs every day, in every city in American. You're telling me folks are lining up to be the "pooper" scooper, the guy that empties portable toilets at construction sites, parks, etc? Yet, there they are, all over the place.

Really, there are tens of thousands of folks that do that job every day in America. And I guarantee you that job does NOT pay anywhere near, not even in the same ball park as a plumber who has to encounter some nasty stuff on occasion.

The poop truck guys encounter it every single day, 8 hours a day and make a fraction of the wage a plumber makes.

So, stop believing everything you read. If your company is so crappy that you can't afford to pay employees to do it, or give them decent working conditions, you need to change your line of work, or change your business model, and stop whining that you have no more slave labor imported in for you so you can underpay some poor sap that has no choice cause he needs to feed his family back home.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Color: Baltic BLUE

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#21)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2018, 08:07 PM

This is good for the crab population and the environment. They are over farmed.

Save the crabs.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#22)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-16-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
No, I didn't miss that part. Did you miss the part where American do crap jobs every day, in every city in American. You're telling me folks are lining up to be the "pooper" scooper, the guy that empties portable toilets at construction sites, parks, etc? Yet, there they are, all over the place.

Really, there are tens of thousands of folks that do that job every day in America. And I guarantee you that job does NOT pay anywhere near, not even in the same ball park as a plumber who has to encounter some nasty stuff on occasion.

The poop truck guys encounter it every single day, 8 hours a day and make a fraction of the wage a plumber makes.

So, stop believing everything you read. If your company is so crappy that you can't afford to pay employees to do it, or give them decent working conditions, you need to change your line of work, or change your business model, and stop whining that you have no more slave labor imported in for you so you can underpay some poor sap that has no choice cause he needs to feed his family back home.
I did miss that part that talks about where Americans do crap jobs in every city in America.
Where in the article is it? As far as pooper scooper, I looked up some of the public employees
that do that work here, it pays quite a bit. There's no real scooping poop, I understand it works
like a large vacuum, so maybe at times it can be a little "unpleasant" but it sounds like the pay
is adequate, at least to these guys. What does the pooper scooper make in Illinois?

It's not a job I would want, I'd much rather be a plumber, but plumbers make more than
most people.

I enjoy the East coast and I the crab houses. Now you're right some are crappy and
even without a labor crisis they are a little pricey and this only make the price go up
further. Is that company crappy? I don't know, but he seemed to have a labor force
willing to do the work and he was willing to pay the going rate for it.

So, which is it that needs to make all the changes you are talking about, the worker, or
the company? and how do you suggest they change it. Are you opposed to the
company using immigrant labor, or to them not paying more to American workers,
or to the company trying to turn a profit, or what?

I don't believe everything I read, but can you tell me what part of that article is inaccurate.

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 05-16-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Old
  (#23)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I did miss that part that talks about where Americans do crap jobs in every city in America.
Where in the article is it? As far as pooper scooper, I looked up
some of the public employees that do that work, it pays quite a bit. There's no real
scooping poop, I understand it works like a large vacuum, so maybe at times it can be
a little "unpleasant" but it sounds like the pay is adequate, at least to these guys.
What does the pooper scooper make in Illinois?

It's not a job I would want, I'd much rather be a plumber, but plumbers make more than
most people.

I enjoy the East coast and I the crab houses. Now you're right some are crappy and
even without a labor crisis they are a little pricey and this only make the price go up
further. Is that company crappy? I don't know, but he seemed to have a labor force

So, which is it that need to make all the changes you are talking about, the worker, or

I don't believe everything I read, but can you tell me what part of that article is inaccurate.

Old
  (#24)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Where in the article is it? As far as pooper scooper, I looked up some of the public employees
that do that work here, it pays quite a bit. There's no real scooping poop, I understand it works
like a large vacuum, so maybe at times it can be a little "unpleasant" but it sounds like the pay
is adequate, at least to these guys. What does the pooper scooper make in Illinois?

most people.

So, which is it that need to make all the changes you are talking about, the worker, or

And you'd be wrong to think towns and cities hire these guys. They are contracted out almost ALWAYS. And yeah, sucking shit through a hose all day sounds horrible. Not to mention the smell and the "leaks" in various connections. Don't think for a second there is not run off, or a few leaks here and there, that's why these guys are covered in protective clothing head to toe. Not to mention they then have to clean the inside of the out house as well.

And no, in Chicago area it's about $15 per hour. So, if they can find folks to do this job, the lobster folks must have been paying shit, no pun intended.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Old
  (#25)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace

05-16-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
And you'd be wrong to think towns and cities hire these guys. They are contracted out almost ALWAYS. And yeah, sucking shit through a hose all day sounds horrible. Not to mention the smell and the "leaks" in various connections. Don't think for a second there is not run off, or a few leaks here and there, that's why these guys are covered in protective clothing head to toe. Not to mention they then have to clean the inside of the out house as well.

And no, in Chicago area it's about $15 per hour. So, if they can find folks to do this job, the lobster folks must have been paying shit, no pun intended.
Yeah RJ, I'm sure you're right (as usual)

Old
  (#26)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)

05-16-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah RJ, I'm sure you're right (as usual)
Your free to show me someone making more money.... how much money do you think that job is worth. Anyone that can hook up a hose can do it. I'm sure it would pay min wage based on the skill level, but the job is so terrible, they have to double the min wage to get folks to take it. Lobster boy will have to do the same.

I'd rather tear apart lobsters all day than pull shit through a straw

NEW - Chernobyl GREEN

Old
  (#27)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr5994 View Post

You missed the tip offs it was phony.

11 states? What about the other 78% of the states?

And only if they get benefits for all six major programs? (Well, including also getting all the state and local programs possible. Which is why it is only 11 states, although the federal benefits are identical for all states. The difference is what the state adds in.)

Very few qualify for all of them. Even those who would qualify don't usually get on all of them. No SINGLE person living alone can qualify for all of them. Because no one gets TANF unless they have minor children living with them. They specifically list TANF benefits. Do you suppose they assumed two children? (Probably at LEAST two, maybe four.) Then they count the SNAP cost per child with the value of their Medicaid costs, and the higher housing subsidy a family gets, as what 'one person' can get.

The only cash welfare payments in federal law are from TANF, and that is cut off after a lifetime limit of five years (and/or if all the children reach 18 before then) . Oh, and getting SNAP and TANF benefits requires having a job or being in job training, unless the state chooses to waive that, because of recession levels of unemployment.

So they pretend this is what an average person can get (in those 11 states), and not work? It's incredibly deceptive, and this lie gets reported again and again every year.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

-- Garry Kasparov

Old
  (#28)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace

05-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Your free to show me someone making more money.... how much money do you think that job is worth. Anyone that can hook up a hose can do it. I'm sure it would pay min wage based on the skill level, but the job is so terrible, they have to double the min wage to get folks to take it. Lobster boy will have to do the same.

I'd rather tear apart lobsters all day than pull shit through a straw
Crabs, not lobsters

Old
  (#29)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member
mr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond reputemr5994 has a reputation beyond repute

05-16-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
You missed the tip offs it was phony.

11 states? What about the other 78% of the states?

And only if they get benefits for all six major programs? (Well, including also getting all the state and local programs possible. Which is why it is only 11 states, although the federal benefits are identical for all states. The difference is what the state adds in.)

Very few qualify for all of them. Even those who would qualify don't usually get on all of them. No SINGLE person living alone can qualify for all of them. Because no one gets TANF unless they have minor children living with them. They specifically list TANF benefits. Do you suppose they assumed two children? (Probably at LEAST two, maybe four.) Then they count the SNAP cost per child with the value of their Medicaid costs, and the higher housing subsidy a family gets, as what 'one person' can get.

The only cash welfare payments in federal law are from TANF, and that is cut off after a lifetime limit of five years (and/or if all the children reach 18 before then) . Oh, and getting SNAP and TANF benefits requires having a job or being in job training, unless the state chooses to waive that, because of recession levels of unemployment.

So they pretend this is what an average person can get (in those 11 states), and not work? It's incredibly deceptive, and this lie gets reported again and again every year.
It's funny that you quoted my post......watching the guy in the video that claimed that food stamps benefit the economy........I couldn't help but think.......I'll bet that's what Sofla is like in real life. Am I close?

Old
  (#30)
mr5994
AzB Silver Member

05-16-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

They never claimed it was the average amount......but they also didn't clarify that it was the maximum either.

It doesn't really matter........my point was that if you incentivize people to be lazy, they are going to be lazy. Even if Welfare pays less than a manual labor job (say $8/hr vs. $10hr) ...... most folks will choose to collect a govt check. And as much as it pisses me off.....I don't blame them....I would also choose to sit at home if someone offered me 80% of my salary to do so.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: