Vnea rule

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a player isn't in the lineup of 5 playing teams are other players allowed to practice on the side?

I have never heard of such a rule and I would not play in any league that had it. O very seldom practice myself but I have players on both spa and usapl teams that practice on available tables before their matches that night while matches are going on.

covikebron

Registered
Don't think it would be a problem if they are not in lineup or get put in mid match. If in lineup def cannot be shooting on other tables in VNEA from what I have been told by national refs.

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told , if you are on the team you are not allowed to shoot after the match has started ....

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told , if you are on the team you are not allowed to shoot after the match has started ....

Don't see the need for this rule, are they afraid people will go up a level while they practice for 30 minutes? LOL

If the player is not playing, is not needed there to score, nor is distracting the other players, why not let them play?

In the USAPL league we have players gambling on other tables at times if they are not currently playing or scoring.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of this rule in the VNEA. Regardless, only players listed on the scoresheet for the match in progress are considered to be team roster members. So any player on the team that is not on the scoresheet isn't considered part of the team for the specific match being played. So they should be able to do anything they want on any available table, as long they aren't disturbing the match.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey , I don't make the rules in fact I most of the time don't follow them LOL

I was just wondering why that rule is there. Normal "no practice" rule is for the players actually in a game, one of them can't walk to another table or take practice shots before their turn in a game. I think a pro actually got a foul called on them because they took a few practice swings at another table before a jump shot attempt.

Another team member not in a game not being able to play at another table is a bit odd, unless they had issued with distractions and decided to make up a rule to prevent it.