Sad news. Tim Scruggs past away last night.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very sad news. A good and honorable man. Bought his cues in the late 70's and early 80's. Met him the first time around 1982-83. Hall of fame cuemaker.

Nineballjerry2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to lose a good man ,He will live on with a great legacy in the hearts and hands thru his life's work.He was a treasure as much as his cues are and will always be ,you could ask for more out life then what he had .friends,family and doing something he loved
Who in our pool world doesn't know and respect his work.
Our thoughts go out to his loved ones! He will be remembered.
Sincerely Jerry Terrell 2

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Sympathy goes out to the Scruggs family.

He was a genuinely nice person, and of course a great cuesmith, we all lost on this one. :(

R.I.P. Mr.Scruggs.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Very sad. Here's to Tim; most of these cues were his making. I'll miss talking to him.
WW

Attachments

• 20121025_200945.jpg
    20121025_200945.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 416

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
RIP Mr. Scruggs, your cue has brought me hours and hours of happiness, thank you.

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sorry

Very sorry to hear this news. I met Mr. Scruggs at the very first SBE I went to in 1995. My friend John and I decided to purchase a cue from him, but he was entirely sold out. A Master Cue Maker. RIP

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
For a bit of nostalgia, here are a couple pictures from Tim's first brochure. He went on his own, after Joss, in 1978. The brochure was shortly after, about 1979 or so. For all the cues he built me, we never even talked price until he handed me the cue. And it was always reasonable, like an afterthought. With all of today's stories of dealing with cuemakers, Tim stands out as old school. A deal done on a handshake, many times. His kind does not come around very often.

On the second page, for those with good eyesight, is Bob Frey in the background. It was the Scruggs/Frey era. What a good time it was.

WW

Attachments

• Scruggs 1.jpg
    Scruggs 1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 399
  • Scruggs 2.jpg
    Scruggs 2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 402

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bought an ebony six-pointer out of the display rack at Breakers in Pittsburgh in 1994. I still regret selling it and the It's George case I carried it in. Between the cancer and death of people close to him at least he's at peace.