Fargument PDX

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a point being made or just simply putting pool matches on youtube??

I don't know that there is a point being made. But these are matches that can be between players at any level (but with a similar rating) that are talked up in advance, have a nice poster prepared, have two commentators, and have a neutral racker/referee. They are the kind of thing that engages a community and gets people talking.

Attachments

• fargb.jpg
    fargb.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 301
  • farga.jpg
    farga.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 297
  • farg3.jpg
    farg3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 309

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a point being made or just simply putting pool matches on youtube??

I'm not speaking for the creator of the series, but I have watched them all and the premise is they find two people who are very close in fargorate rating (in one case they were one point apart) and put them in a long match together to see what happens. The commentators have referred to them as friendly grudge matches in one or two cases, so there could be history between the players, but I don't know that for certain. The commentators also mentioned they are playing for a small prize so I think it really is more about bragging rights than anything.

While the matches aren't SVB vs Woodward, the camera work is excellent, the commentary solid and the whole thing is fun to watch. The quality is better than a lot of streams I have watched, particularly the last one where they added at least one additional camera angle.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like a cool idea.... or, don't watch if you don't want to..(shrug)
I will check them out

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think it's a great idea....and I'm already a fan of Darin 'Start the Car' Walding....
....a beautiful road name..:bow-down:

..reminds me of 'Pots and Pans' secondary road name....
...'Keep the Motor Running' Rogoff

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like a cool idea.... or, don't watch if you don't want to..(shrug)
I will check them out

If you didn't get a chance to check them out, there is a new one going on tomorrow night at 7pm PST. It should be a really good match. Both players are right around 670, Bob Zack and Mike Deitchman. You can also catch a replay but I like to watch them live, it is fun to watch the comments interacting with the commentary going on.