Cyclop Hyperion at DCC.....?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far i haven't heard/seen any whining about the balls. Might be a first. So i'm guessing that the current balls play ok? In the few matches i've watched so far i haven't seen any obvious skidding or rolling-off. Anyone there that wants to chime in let's hear it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are they using Aramith? Action area? Just asking 'cause i thought all the balls were Cyclop.
Never mind. My bad. If i could read i'd have seen the "ARAMITH Action" sign. Duh. ;)

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My point was that one can't put too much stock in what the users say about change.

They complained like a mofo when the measle first arrived, now it is wholly accepted by all except a few who prob want to play pushout :eek:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My point was that one can't put too much stock in what the users say about change.

They complained like a mofo when the measle first arrived, now it is wholly accepted by all except a few who prob want to play pushout :eek:
Aramith is only being used in action area. When the Cyclop first came out they were prone to skidding and some rolled-off bad. So far from what i've seen they've stepped-up their QC.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aramith is only being used in action area. When the Cyclop first came out they were prone to skidding and some rolled-off bad. So far from what i've seen they've stepped-up their QC.

I bought sets when they were first introduced and did not experience abnormal rolloff or skidding .

In fact, the aramith set have is far more clingy.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought sets when they were first introduced and did not experience abnormal rolloff or skidding .

In fact, the aramith set have is far more clingy.
That first year out in Vegas there were complaints all over the place. I watched one match where a ball rolled-off 3-4" in about 5ft. They took it out-of-play so it had to have been the ball. Not hearing/seeing any of this in last year or so.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That first year out in Vegas there were complaints all over the place. I watched one match where a ball rolled-off 3-4" in about 5ft. They took it out-of-play so it had to have been the ball. Not hearing/seeing any of this in last year or so.

They did have a problem with the first batch of cue balls, something to do with the way the logo was inset in the ball. That was cured soon afterward.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I been watching the streams and the balls seem to be playing very well; so well indeed I was about to start a post myself about it until I saw this one. Except for confusing the 3 & 5 sometimes on TV, I really gotten used to the colors.

I will buy a new set of balls soon and was considering Duramith, however now I am not so sure since Hyperion are better priced and seem to be playing just as well if not better. I shot with tem at the Expo and really liked them.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
So far i haven't heard/seen any whining about the balls. Might be a first. So i'm guessing that the current balls play ok? In the few matches i've watched so far i haven't seen any obvious skidding or rolling-off. Anyone there that wants to chime in let's hear it.

Is the Hyperion different from their normal balls? I have the green box and would assume they are the same.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate those skittles-colored balls. Aramith's and Cyclop t.v. sets are different from one another. Don't like either one.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Balls played good.

Lou Figueroa

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played for five days with the new balls. They play great. I really like the hexagon inlays. They need to change the colors though.

All the 14.1 was played using Aramith

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty picky about pool balls. I'm here at DCC and I must say the Hyperion balls play excellent. Noticeably better than the original Cyclop or the current "regular" set. Cue ball is great, object balls feel great. They feel very very similar to the Aramith Tournament. The feel "heavy" and dense, I'd highly recommend them.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums