pool hall specials...

jcs003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what kind of specials does your local pool hall have?

south hills golden cue: $10 11am-7pm, 7 days a week.

steel city billiards: $5 2pm-6pm and $10 6pm-2am

both are great deals.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Hanks" in Wheat Ridge Colorado has $6.00 10 AM TO 4PM everyday.
But a bottle of water is still $1.00 :(
And the food is very good.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special= Not so much...

The specials at the place I have to play in are. The tables all suck, the cloth is awful, a Corona is $4.75 each, the owners are unfriendly and could care less about the customers. I'm currently considering the 1 hour drive to another place to play LOL....

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Specials

Best Billiards in Vegas
$8.00 10am-8pm and free bottled water
Great Italian food

Free BOTTLED water? Wow, Measureman's not going to be happy about that. In our place, 7.95 gets you lunch and free pool from 11:00 am to 2:00pm. For $75/mo you can play up to 4 hours a day anytime day or night. For $125/mo you can play unlimited pool anytime.

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ Red Shoes Billiards in Illinois....$10 Daily Special (11AM til 6PM) per player (pre-pay) used mostly by retired guys looking for something to do. At 6PM "Specials" are over, normal rates apply ($9 hr for 2 players). I know "Specials" are great deals for customers but....90% of the rooms that essentially "GIVE" pool time away (i.e. Open to close $5...buy 2 beers & play for free...Tuesday's FREE POOL etc..etc..) are probably on their "knees" and will not be around for long. The exception is the "Yuppie" rooms that generate their income from "booze and food". They are not really "pool rooms"...they are "Theme bars with pool tables". Most true "rooms" can not pay the bills that way. So enjoy it while it lasts (you will probably be looking for another place soon).

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Eddies, I-45 south, Houston, TX

Monday -- $3 cover charge -- Free pool open till close
Tuesday -- Free pool if you wear your Fast Eddies t-shirt or hat
Wednesday -- Free pool open till close
Thursday -- $3 cover charge -- Free pool open till close
Friday -- $5 cover charge -- Free pool open till close
Saturday -- same as Friday
Sunday -- same as Saturday

PVC Lou...
over and out

what kind of specials does your local pool hall have?

south hills golden cue: $10 11am-7pm, 7 days a week.

steel city billiards: $5 2pm-6pm and $10 6pm-2am

both are great deals.

joey900rr

What 9-ball fell?
Silver Member
Free BOTTLED water? Wow, Measureman's not going to be happy about that. In our place, 7.95 gets you lunch and free pool from 11:00 am to 2:00pm. For $75/mo you can play up to 4 hours a day anytime day or night. For $125/mo you can play unlimited pool anytime.

Yeah I couldn't believe it myself (free aquafina). So I stayed and bought lunch. I wanna keep that place open. Its a very nice room and friendly owners.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@ Red Shoes Billiards in Illinois....$10 Daily Special (11AM til 6PM) per player (pre-pay) used mostly by retired guys looking for something to do. At 6PM "Specials" are over, normal rates apply ($9 hr for 2 players). I know "Specials" are great deals for customers but....90% of the rooms that essentially "GIVE" pool time away (i.e. Open to close $5...buy 2 beers & play for free...Tuesday's FREE POOL etc..etc..) are probably on their "knees" and will not be around for long. The exception is the "Yuppie" rooms that generate their income from "booze and food". They are not really "pool rooms"...they are "Theme bars with pool tables". Most true "rooms" can not pay the bills that way. So enjoy it while it lasts (you will probably be looking for another place soon).

Does the 11am - 6pm special run 7 days a week?? Ie, query from a retired guy.. LOL I just might have to head to Alsip...

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep the "special" is 7 days a week (365 days a year...and we are open ALL of the 365...ain't no holidays in the pool room)

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Sundays: $10 flat rate, open-close, + Caesar drink specials
Thursdays: Facebook Challenge; a random challenge is placed on the FB page which you have to beat for different rates.

Every other day is a drink/food special.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
free icewater from the tap, a free spit cup, weds and sunday free pool from 11;30 am to 6pm if you purchase lunch........great food too!

lastminutepanic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far i've only found one good place to play here in austin...

The grand, $2 an hour/per person (all the time I think). Free pool mondays. Cheap beers/drinks till 7pm every day. Nice tables, tight pockets, good staff.

mikeridethe9

Registered
I own a place in Port Huron MI called The Billiard Loft. 30 bucks a month gets you unlimited table time, also pop and water is a buck!!!

mincho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would end my pool playing. How much is that in real money? US $?

I was in Metairie, LA on a trip and called around the local pool halls. I was amazed that Bison Billiards (I think) was charging $10/hour. I ended up going to a crappy place called Whitey's.

Edit: It is actually Buffalo Billiards.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would end my pool playing. How much is that in real money? US $?

10.00 an hour would never happen in Columbus and it's a capital city.
I'm curious why the people there pay that much?
I base the 10 an hour never happening here, on all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that happened when they went from 3.00 to 3.50 an hour.

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tues $3.00 an hour. after 8pm half off large pizza.

lunch time is free pool with purchase of food.