Shane VanBoening's "bread" stick

pho_choob

Be the Cueball
Just saw an video were Shane left his break stick on the table when racking. It has a molded grip I never seen on a cue before and would like to share with you gentlemen.

b7jkgj.png

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upon closer examination, it looks to me more like he wrapped black tape around the cue a whole bunch of times, to create that little raised part. The cue looks like the normal butt sleeve on the end. Probably something he's experimenting with.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has been playing with a longer than 58-inch cue. It looks like a manufactured slip-on extension. And it looks like it covers about half of the wrap. It might not appear to be symmetrical but that is because of the lighting and it is somewhat moldable so it can slip over a normal butt.
I do not think it is a one-of-a-kind extension.
There is a You Tube video of Shane and Efren Reyes being interviewed one evening the day before one of their matches. I think it is a TAR (The Action Report) production. The cue is discussed there, but there was not much time is spent on it. Efren introduces Shane to a game of caroms; Efren calls it a Russian game. Players score by shooting a numbered ball off of the cue ball into a pocket.
It's a good video.
Dave

Last edited:

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He has been playing with a longer than 58-inch cue. It looks like a manufactured slip-on extension. And it looks like it covers about half of the wrap. It might not appear to be symmetrical but that is because of the lighting and it is somewhat moldable so it can slip over a normal butt.
I do not think it is a one-of-a-kind extension.
There is a You Tube video of Shane and Efren Reyes being interviewed one evening the day before one of their matches. I think it is a TAR (The Action Report) production. The cue is discussed there, but there was not much time is spent on it. Efren introduces Shane to a game of caroms; Efren calls it a Russian game. Players score by shooting a numbered ball off of the cue ball into a pocket.
It's a good video.
Dave

They are likely talking about Russian pyramid. Crazy game...

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm fairly sure that is Shanes play cue, not his breaker :rolleyes:
The wrap idea is a bit out of the ordinary I must admit but it seems to work well for him.

I coulnd't see myself ever playing with something like that though, skinny butts all the way for me :wink:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm fairly sure that is Shanes play cue, not his breaker :rolleyes:
The wrap idea is a bit out of the ordinary I must admit but it seems to work well for him.

I coulnd't see myself ever playing with something like that though, skinny butts all the way for me :wink:

It does look like his current playing cue.

I think Earl started the trend toward taping the butt end of the cue. Seems like Shane followed suit- both with the longer cue and the tape. Works well for him.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that with racquet games, using an incorrectly sized grip can lead to tendonitis.

Is that crumb-y input to this thread?

That is the best bread joke i could come up with...no matter how you slice it.

Burnt arount the edges, tender in the middle.

I got more and will share, when you yeast expect it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I know that with racquet games, using an incorrectly sized grip can lead to tendonitis.

Is that crumb-y input to this thread?

That is the best bread joke i could come up with...no matter how you slice it.

Burnt arount the edges, tender in the middle.

I got more and will share, when you yeast expect it.

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

I was just loafing around when spotted this thread. The tape on his "bread stick" probably helps him get sweet rolls, why else would he use it? If you are going to try this you might want to ration the amount of tape you use.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh no!

Deleted, I should of kept my big mouth shut. Sorry guys.

Last edited: