Gold Member
Silver Member
meaning short /long/long ??
and coming from the long rail
thanks in advance for any diagrams or links

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youtube search on "plus 2 kicking" will bring a few up.

Also search on "subtract 15 kicking",,

If you watch the Rossman plus 2 video, he does a parallel shift. I find that is usually not needed on a 3C table since it is bigger.

The subtract 15, I use when my cue ball is within 2 diamonds of the short rail I'm shooting at. The closeness throws off the plus 2

I'm no expert or teacher but just a little info.

Keep shooting!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If you watch the Rossman plus 2 video, he does a parallel shift. I find that is usually not needed on a 3C table since it is bigger.

The subtract 15, I use when my cue ball is within 2 diamonds of the short rail I'm shooting at. The closeness throws off the plus 2

Keep shooting!
the only subtract 15 kicking system i could find was the link below
it uses maximum spin
i am wooking for one the uses a dead or rolling ques ball with no spin
thanks for the reply

ttps://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=subtract+15+kicking+billiards&docid=608009507371352677&mid=D381F

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member

Keep shooting!

R9ball; I'm curious, what does a 3C table being bigger have to do with using the' 'parallel shift' or not? I'm asking because, as for as "I" know ALL tables are, 'twice as long as it is wide!' IMHO, I even I f the table was 20'x10' or 3'x6', the angles are ALWAYS the Same.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today I just did the plus 2 on a two billiard tables and 2 pocket tables - 10' heated Gabriel carom, 10 ' old Brunswick carom both with Simonis 300 and 10' Brunswick pool table with Simonis 860,,,, these played plus 2 with no parallel shift.

On a 9' Gold Crown with 860, the shift was needed.

As I said previously,, 10' carom tables I play on don't need the shift. I really don't care why,,, just saying they don't need it here.

R9ball; I'm curious, what does a 3C table being bigger have to do with using the' 'parallel shift' or not? I'm asking because, as for as "I" know ALL tables are, 'twice as long as it is wide!' IMHO, I even I f the table was 20'x10' or 3'x6', the angles are ALWAYS the Same.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Today I just did the plus 2 on a two billiard tables and 2 pocket tables - 10' heated Gabriel carom, 10 ' old Brunswick carom both with Simonis 300 and 10' Brunswick pool table with Simonis 860,,,, these played plus 2 with no parallel shift.

On a 9' Gold Crown with 860, the shift was needed.

As I said previously,, 10' carom tables I play on don't need the shift. I really don't care why,,, just saying they don't need it here.

I guess YOU don't understand what's really happening! It's NOT the size of the table, it's the RUBBER! Since it seems you're in southern IL. just ask George Ashby, I'm pretty sure He'll give you the same answer.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you claim if every sized table had the same rubber,,,, playing a plus 2,,, the cue ball would come to the same spot on every table?
Do you believe every sized table with the same rubber will play to the corner going from 50 thru 30?

I guess YOU don't understand what's really happening! It's NOT the size of the table, it's the RUBBER! Since it seems you're in southern IL. just ask George Ashby, I'm pretty sure He'll give you the same answer.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
So you claim if every sized table had the same rubber,,,, playing a plus 2,,, the cue ball would come to the same spot on every table?
Do you believe every sized table with the same rubber will play to the corner going from 50 thru 30?

1000% for sure!