Mods please read

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should have kept your displeasure between you and Mike and not made a public spectacle out of it in my opinion. After reading some of the
replies its become evident to me that you were out to turn the rest of the site against those of us who've enjoyed NPR for what it is. After all you didn't post
any examples of what you found that you can't stand anymore so you took no stand except whining. Now this is hater central. What was best left alone, addressed
in NPR or handled between you and Admin is now front pages news and every hater that didn't come to NPR in the first place now has an opinion on how to mess
it up and its all because you posted it in the wrong forum or failed to make your point clear. Why didn't you go directly to Mike? You can't stand up on your own? Maybe
you wanted to mess things up for everyone else? Is that what you need to make you happy? Are you happy now?

Wow.

LOLOL

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
This is the forum that the complaint stems from, therefore, this is the right forum in which it should be addressed, and from which general concession be obtained.

"you posted it in the wrong forum or failed to make your point clear."

Because you think it is doesn't mean it is,the rest of the sentence matters and comprehension is a terrible thing to waste. I'm one of the ones in NPR who he's been conversing with for years and his not making himself clear points the stick in NPR's direction.

That is evidenced by the NPR concern in this thread. Why do people that don't go there need to be concerned?

I don't believe he was referring to NPR but please let him clear that up.

NPR is fine like it is. A place where David fights Goliath everyday and just to make my point when the progressives took flight it was a very dull place to be and none of you guys came to save it.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NPR 2.0

We need two NPR'S, one for politics and one for Pool Players who have other hobbies or interests.
If you believe we need another NPR, tell us what subjects you would like to talk about, here are a few I would post threads about and none of them would create arguments.

1 - Stock pick of the day, no arguments here, they all lose (or win.)

2 - Ford vs Chevy, we all know why Hotwheels makes more Fords than*any other car, it's so the kids can learn to push them at a young age.

3 - Hunting with a Bow or Rifle, we all know the bow is the best.

4 - Tastes great or less filling?* *I don't drink, I am out of here.

buttnkdwonder

Registered
This thread is already starting to sway political thanks to a handful of people who just can’t help themselves. I understand political ideology is important to some people, but when the majority of posts from some users inevitably include the same tired terminology and thinly veiled swipes at the “other side”. It’s bad enough to see it everywhere else, but this is a pool forum, where your access to speak on the platform is a privilege, not a right. Moderation is necessary. In this case, the political commentary throughout this main forum (not to mention NPR, which I don’t visit) really has made the forum less and less appealing. It’s a shame. Many forums have strict moderation and expectations on these things, and have fostered better communities as a result. Most of us that are civilized will visit a politics forum if we want to talk politics. It has no place in AZBilliards.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"you posted it in the wrong forum or failed to make your point clear."

Because you think it is doesn't mean it is,the rest of the sentence matters and comprehension is a terrible thing to waste. I'm one of the ones in NPR who he's been conversing with for years and his not making himself clear points the stick in NPR's direction.

That is evidenced by the NPR concern in this thread. Why do people that don't go there need to be concerned?

I don't believe he was referring to NPR but please let him clear that up.

NPR is fine like it is. A place where David fights Goliath everyday and just to make my point when the progressives took flight it was a very dull place to be and none of you guys came to save it.

I was not referring to the NPR forum.
You guys in that forum have it politically thats fine.
What I mean is someone posts that they bought a Chinese cue and it turns into a rant on China and usually Trump/Obama polices brought into it.
Rather then just discussing the cue.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Just don't mess with the funny pic thread. Humor is good and meme's are often hilarious. No matter what side of the aisle you live on (the right one or the wrong one) there's plenty of truth and humor there. Politicians suck, if you can't agree with that you have no soul.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well the more I read the more I smile, I just don't get why people just do not chill, do not read, do not get up set or reply to nonsense. I am not saying put anyone on IGNORE, as you might miss something good one and a while. I have NO ONE ON IGNORE.

But their are people who drop bomb on my, make rude comment, tell lies, I just DO NOT REPLY TOO. Think the list is short under 4 or 5.

Yes I think the strictly politics forum is an OK idea. But someone bright said politics, and religious discussion always go south.

We have a few ASSHATS on AZ B, and depending on your personal prospective one person's ASSHAT is another persons Hero. It like a favorite CHALK, everyone has theirs.

People can be ASSHATS that is life, if you own a business, you do not have to deal with goofy customer, if you do not need their money. At some point when I had a business, as ASSHAT would call. Knew working for them would be more troble then profit. Diplomatically I said NOT AVAILABE THAT DAY, ALL BOOK THAT WEEK. Some they did not call no more.

Might just post a Poll in NPR to START A Only Politics Forum. Sure someone will not be happy with that idea. Suggestion grow thicker skin, or ignor poll.

When I was kid everyone got picked on for being fat, shinny, keep wish, dark shiner, Rick, poor, wearing glass, and the list is long.

People had thinker skins back then, and just laughed, and came back with something about the kids parent not being married, or his mother working a street cornor with mattress strapped to her back yell curb service.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think anyone should blame NPR because it’s an active forum and the solution to all of this is to reset how you view threads on here. NPR is very active so when you view new threads or post you will get a lot of political threads.

Trying browsing the main forum by itself then that will solve all problems as you will only see pool topics.

Let’s face it pool is pool and the lock down hasn’t done anything to warrant any new threads where the news cycle, politics and sports happen all the time so NPR will always flood the new topics and reply section.

Just view the main forum and you won’t see political titles.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I get on, I like to click on the "new posts" and see what is being talked about on here today. Depends on the day and what shows up, sometimes politics drowns out the rest of the sight, like in my screenshot below, ain't the end of the world, just end up browsing the subforums individually.

m8NGYDS.jpg

I would just go to each individual forum. New post will get drowned by NPR because NPR is much more active than the Main Forum. It’s actually not the site’s fault.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Ladies and Gentleman of the Jury. I give you exhibit A that my client is not the one that spamms NPR with political drivel.

When I get on, I like to click on the "new posts" and see what is being talked about on here today. Depends on the day and what shows up, sometimes politics drowns out the rest of the sight, like in my screenshot below, ain't the end of the world, just end up browsing the subforums individually.

m8NGYDS.jpg

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno, seems like "All things Considered" should be the guiding principle behind a forum called NPR.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a million forums on the web to discuss politics, ideology, etc.

My issue is more one of international participation. The forum is always in danger of being even further A ‘bunch of Americans talking to other Americans about American stuff‘ I enjoy that internal banter but not when it completely dominates the discussion. Non American discussion of billiards is minimal.

I wonder hw many Koreans or Brazilians or Russians , etc. click on to the site and click out as soon as they scan a few posts. I participate in other activities and it’s always great to get a greater world perspective on things from other cultures.

It’s ‘AZ Billiards‘ and not ‘AZ, A for American, American Pool’. Obviously mods have tried in the past to expand the participation with categories but NPR definitely means it’s for Americans. Posters don’t even qualify things like ‘The government’, ‘The military’, etc. The whole default position on this site is its obviously the ‘American Government’ etc.

Anyways, my thought is The NPR just further narrows more participation from outside of the United States.

Issue.why does the format go wonky every so often. Posts are stretched off the screen?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
"Issue.why does the format go wonky every so often. Posts are stretched off the screen?"

Someone on that page posted an oversized image.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a million forums on the web to discuss politics, ideology, etc.

My issue is more one of international participation. The forum is always in danger of being even further A ‘bunch of Americans talking to other Americans about American stuff‘ I enjoy that internal banter but not when it completely dominates the discussion. Non American discussion of billiards is minimal.

I wonder hw many Koreans or Brazilians or Russians , etc. click on to the site and click out as soon as they scan a few posts. I participate in other activities and it’s always great to get a greater world perspective on things from other cultures.

It’s ‘AZ Billiards‘ and not ‘AZ, A for American, American Pool’. Obviously mods have tried in the past to expand the participation with categories but NPR definitely means it’s for Americans. Posters don’t even qualify things like ‘The government’, ‘The military’, etc. The whole default position on this site is its obviously the ‘American Government’ etc.

Anyways, my thought is The NPR just further narrows more participation from outside of the United States.

Issue.why does the format go wonky every so often. Posts are stretched off the screen?

This is nothing but mumbo jumbo if you ask me.

Name three Russians or Koreans who came here and then left because of something an American posted.

All of this "driving people away" stuff is nonsense.

Have you done an international poll to come up with this theory or where did you pull it from?

I was here for years before I ever went into the NPR forum or even paid attention to what was posted there.

This is an English speaking forum. I think that is why a lot of non-English speaking people don't participate or even know this forum exists.