How do I unregister?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
So you are now sorry only because there was a consequence to the other guy? You said a lot worse, lol (and I don't care either way about whatever you guys want to say to each other, but cheap shot at the site you sure weren't backing down on). Then started a thread about the whole thing and how you are out of here but yet you keep coming back in. I don't get it but I'm here mostly to read cool stories and learn about pool, not to mix it up, so to speak. Too many good mixer uppers on here!

My $.01 ---- end the drama and simply indicate whether you are out (and stay out) or in (and move on and get about enjoying the place).

If this is his style, it won't last.

Originally Posted by Mr. Dogg

Fine, you God damned Ass hole. I'm outta here. **** you and a **** forum that puts up with shit like you.

"You think the break is not important??"
You can't even grasp what I was asking! Read the question again, dummass.

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you are now sorry only because there was a consequence to the other guy? You said a lot worse, lol (and I don't care either way about whatever you guys want to say to each other, but cheap shot at the site you sure weren't backing down on). Then started a thread about the whole thing and how you are out of here but yet you keep coming back in. I don't get it but I'm here mostly to read cool stories and learn about pool, not to mix it up, so to speak. Too many good mixer uppers on here!

My $.01 ---- end the drama and simply indicate whether you are out (and stay out) or in (and move on and get about enjoying the place).

I am NOT AT ALL sorry for the consequences to SlickRick_POC!! (Boy, did you misread that! lol) I'm sorry that I disparaged AZB. The guy had lots of posts, had a bad attitude toward others, violating the civility portion of the rules, yet he went on without consequence. But now that I see that they now do care about civility, I'm apologizing to AZB; definitely NOT to RickDick_POS!

Yes, I sure did say a lot worse! It was in response to an UNPROVOKED attack. I guess I'm kinda like water: Touch me in an accommodating way, and I'm very accommodating in return; a hard hit is met with resistance. I never initiate an attack.

I didn't start a thread "about the whole thing." I was asking how to unregister. Others picked up on the reason. I wanted out because, as many posts as Rick had, and seeing other abrasive comments, I assumed that was the norm here, and I wanted no part of it. Now that he's been called out for it by AZB, maybe this will turn out to be a more pleasant place to visit.

I did not mean to start this epic drama, and I don't like that it turned out that way. I had a mix-up with a (something in a punch bowl), and thinking this type of stuff would be common, I wanted out. Will I stick around? I'm somewhere between maybe and probably.

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also banned? Who else was banned, and how do you see who is banned?

SlickRick_POC was banned for incivility. I don't know why Hawaii was banned. I didn't think he was all that bad. Maybe I missed something.

BTW:
RickDick_POS's ban is not permanent. I know nothing about Hawaii's ban.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am NOT AT ALL sorry for the consequences to SlickRick_POC!! (Boy, did you misread that! lol) I'm sorry that I disparaged AZB. The guy had lots of posts, had a bad attitude toward others, violating the civility portion of the rules, yet he went on without consequence. But now that I see that they now do care about civility, I'm apologizing to AZB; definitely NOT to RickDick_POS!

Yes, I sure did say a lot worse! It was in response to an UNPROVOKED attack. I guess I'm kinda like water: Touch me in an accommodating way, and I'm very accommodating in return; a hard hit is met with resistance. I never initiate an attack.

I didn't start a thread "about the whole thing." I was asking how to unregister. Others picked up on the reason. I wanted out because, as many posts as Rick had, and seeing other abrasive comments, I assumed that was the norm here, and I wanted no part of it. Now that he's been called out for it by AZB, maybe this will turn out to be a more pleasant place to visit.

I did not mean to start this epic drama, and I don't like that it turned out that way. I had a mix-up with a (something in a punch bowl), and thinking this type of stuff would be common, I wanted out. Will I stick around? I'm somewhere between maybe and probably.

Got it - personal drama is the key here.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And btw, not a bad “dumb” question-
The break is overrated to an extent, yes, in some cases.

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And btw, not a bad “dumb” question-
Thank you! Maybe you actually understood the question!
In the way most of the responders misinterpreted the question, it certainly would have been a VERY stupid question, though. The way in which it was misinterpreted may have been partially my fault. The title was an abbreviated form of the question. The title left out "the skill of", but a more careful reading of the question should have clarified that.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Also banned? Who else was banned, and how do you see who is banned?

Slick Rick was banned for comments made to Mr. Dogg. I don't know how to find banned members other than seeing "banned" by their name.

Last edited:

Mr. Dogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slick Rick was banned for comments made to Mr. Dogg. I don't know how to find banned members other than seeing "banned" by their name.

Yeah. Comments similar to this one: "Don’t play pool for a living after posting that question. You will starve to death", but slightly harsher.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In any forum or real life group, there will be arguments, drama, etc. Its just life.

But if you like pool, I don't see the reason to leave this forum. What will you join instead? A Facebook pool group? They are even worse as far as saying you are an idiot for asking or saying xyz. People using their real names who you never met will have no problem telling you off.

Comment on YouTube videos instead? If you read through YouTube pool video comments, you won't be able to make ball in hand following their direction. The knowledge there is horrible.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
In any forum or real life group, there will be arguments, drama, etc. Its just life.

But if you like pool, I don't see the reason to leave this forum. What will you join instead? A Facebook pool group? They are even worse as far as saying you are an idiot for asking or saying xyz. People using their real names who you never met will have no problem telling you off.

Comment on YouTube videos instead? If you read through YouTube pool video comments, you won't be able to make ball in hand following their direction. The knowledge there is horrible.

I've thought about this for a long time now. When I see how certain members interact, I wonder how they can have relationships and a marriage. Some people will not give an inch. They will not compromise, apologize, change their view, accept another's view, or ever admit they are wrong even when it's painfully obvious. They choose not to resolve conflict. They carry intense grudges. They will insult, harass and tease other members relentlessly. How do they get along in the world, in a marriage?

DeaconBlooze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm relatively active on quite a few other forums. There are certainly some guys that just like to make people feel bad, but of forums where I'm at all active, this is probably the least welcoming. Car forums can be rough too, for some reason everyone seems to hate everyone else that just bought the same car as them, I cant quite explain it.

It's fine with it I guess. I can still wade through the trollish answers to find some really helpful stuff. The general attitude does certainly keep me from posting more casual stuff, as you usually catch some shit for that. Sometimes I just want to riff about pool, ya know?

I normally lurk, but because I'm so pissed off lately I decided to let loose in the NPR forum (never visit there, just don't). Its been therapeutic to yell at people here rather than in real life. So there's that?