lmao defense is a weakness.....

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger is talking about how much tougher golf is than pool. Smaller balls being navigated over 7,000 yards, no rails on a golf course to keep you in the fairway, etc.

"In pool you play on a 4 1/2 x 9 surface. You have 6 holes to shoot at while I have one. No trees, no sand traps" and on and on.

He asks Shane how he can possibly think pool can be so difficult.

Shane calmly walks over to Tiger's ball, chips it into a nearby porta potty, turns to Tiger and says....

"Safety mother f***er"!

Funny until the last two words

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
This is how I see it. Anyone that is so badly behind the times or inexperienced enough to start talkin' shit about "n-word pool" when defense comes into play is probably NOT someone that should be perceived as a threat as a "player".

I've seen a few guys like that in my time,and not one of them was capable of running out with any regularity,and I run over people like that.

Maybe it's different in other parts of the country,but here in my area a lot of the older guys still believe in "honest effort" pool. Maybe you or your opponent shoot at something crazy and get a lucky safe out of it,but to them pool is a game of all-out offense.

You simply have to learn the tricks of the trade,and build your own system for making up shots to call so it satisfies them,and "remake the Matrix" to your own liking.

I try to always make one of my balls or the cue ball hit a rail in a generic sense when playing "bar rules" 8 ball here. That in no way means I'm going to leave an open shot. But in the context of this post,I'm not going to just lag the cue ball up behind a ball without touching an object ball.

I'm pretty sneaky about missing a ball in a way to change the layout,and leaving the cue ball in odd places,subtle things that experienced league players would recognize,but just look like a miss to Average Joe.

Now,I've always thought that the people that try to bring up odd-ball rules are just looking for an excuse to create controversy.

An example of this is let's say all you have left is the 8,and your only shot is to bank it. You call the ball down the rail,and make it,but he starts talkin' shit because the 8 brushed an extra rail on the way in.

I've been lucky enough to not run into many like that. Here in town,no one thinks anything about that,or catching an extra rail on a 3-rail kick. Tommy D.