Dufferin weight reduction

StrokeAnalyzer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found an old red leaf dufferin 1 piece bar cue with about a foot broken off. I cut it down to 30". Butt looked pretty clean, so I decide to sand off the clear coat and take a better look at it. A couple of deep dings I can fix. Looks pretty good now, I want to make a breaker out of it. The weight of the butt is too much. Personally I like a breaker around 19oz. Id like to reduce the weight. Has anyone dug into one of these red leaf dufferins to reduce the weight? If I cant reduce the weight...Ill just make a heavy breaker and sell it I guess..

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Bob

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can drill into the butt , but you have to be careful , becouse of the Dufferin clear logo . Taking the outside diametor down helps a lot also .

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can drill into the butt , but you have to be careful , becouse of the Dufferin clear logo . Taking the outside diametor down helps a lot also .
Ditto on the leaf comment. I've scraped one off from the inside before. It wasn't pleasant as it was my only purple heart blank I've found so far. I think it was a .750 bit but I can double check.