RIP "The Wedge ' Frank Wojciechowski

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
awwwwww, this sucks.

Wedge was a good dude. yeah, he was a loyal Magic Chalk customer, so much, that he turned Karen Corr onto it, and I'll never forget him for that.

I threw him a few bucks last year to attend the US Open, and he was gracious enough to wear a MC patch, I did it more so he can say he actually had a sponsor in a major tournament, and it would be true when he told folks.

Gosh, this really just sucks.

Seems like we can't ever catch a break around here ???

RIP Wedge !!!

Last edited:

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
What a shock...Very sorry to all his friends and family..and especially Karen Corr--he was her champion.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
A good friend and player who many of you may know on AZ as "WEDGE" had passed away. Prayers to his family and rest easy Frank.

wvmoto186 sorry for the loss of your friend. I don't believe I ever corresponded with Frank but I did read much of what he would post.

Thank you for letting this community know that Wedge passed, its nice to know instead of always wondering. RIP

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very sad news. Wedge was one of the very best AZB members, I enjoyed reading his posts. May he rest in peace.

Condolences to all.

Dave

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting that photo.
Are there any other photos of wedge playing pool?

It would be great to see him enjoying the game.

Here's a picture off his facebook page from 2009 as he was just getting back in the game according to the text.

Attachments

• Frank Wojciechowski 2009.jpg
    Frank Wojciechowski 2009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 232

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Shocking, terrible news. Frank was a friend to many on AZ, and I am sorry to hear this terrible news.

My deepest condolences to all of Frank's family and loved ones.

May you RIP Frank.

Will Prout

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe he played in last year's US Open.
His post about going to play there because he's not getting any younger stuck with me.
Now it is even more powerful.

May he rest in peace.

..yeah, that's when I picked up on his go of it, great attitude with a good read of what's
going on, that will be missed, prayers for wedge and family.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never met Wedge. When I first came on here we chatted about Phila pool/pool rooms. Always a first class guy. An real asset to the billiard community.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad

Sad for family , friends, and all on AZ . I always enjoyed reading his post.

RIP Wedge.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Here's a picture off his facebook page from 2009 as he was just getting back in the game according to the text.

In case you don't recognize it, Frank is playing with a McWhorter "Points Interrupted" cue, done in ebony and ivory. He had another one, with maple, rather than ivory. I dare say he may have been the only one with a matched set of Points Interrupted. I'll miss playing Frank on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Too many friends have passed lately.

All the best,
WW

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case you don't recognize it, Frank is playing with a McWhorter "Points Interrupted" cue, done in ebony and ivory. He had another one, with maple, rather than ivory. I dare say he may have been the only one with a matched set of Points Interrupted. I'll miss playing Frank on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Too many friends have passed lately.

All the best,
WW

Oh wow, I didn't know you were so close ( about 45 minutes ). As I said, Frank was the nicest guy ever. Recently one of our posters here had some questions about old Malis and hopefully you don't mind but I told him you were the man to talk to and directed him to you. Hope all is well WW, RIP Wedge!

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Oh wow, I didn't know you were so close ( about 45 minutes ). As I said, Frank was the nicest guy ever. Recently one of our posters here had some questions about old Malis and hopefully you don't mind but I told him you were the man to talk to and directed him to you. Hope all is well WW, RIP Wedge!

No problem, I do have a fair amount of the old Mali history, glad to help.

Appreciate the comments on Frank as well. He will be missed.

All the best,
WW

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow...I'm shocked, and saddened! Frank was a good friend, and student. I did a lesson with him a few years ago, and he obviously implemented the training, as his game picked up considerably. Sorry to see you go Frank...you'll be missed here and everywhere! RIP my friend. :(

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Oh damn...... Wedge was one of the good guys here. Certainly to be greatly missed.
Very sad.
RIP Frank.

BBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news...

Always enjoyed his views on AZB, what a loss to the Billiard community, will be missed here on AZB.

Our prayers go out to his family

BBC