World Cup of Pool 2018 Thread

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching Scotland vs Canada right now....

Anyone know why Jayson changed partners from last year?
Also, surprised to see Klatt with Alex on team Canada. Did John Morra bow out?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson had some interesting comments. He said he was glad to have his current partner because he had more guts, and Jayson wouldn’t have to stress about getting perfect shape. Damn!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jayson had some interesting comments. He said he was glad to have his current partner because he had more guts, and Jayson wouldn’t have to stress about getting perfect shape. Damn!

Ouch! I thought the guy from last year played pretty solid and had a good demeanor at the table. But I think he did miss a crucial shot in there somewhere

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Oh oh, Canada...:crying:

I see Jayson’s course on diplomacy didn’t work out....
...who was the Scot he was badmouthing?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh oh, Canada...:crying:

I see Jayson’s course on diplomacy didn’t work out....
...who was the Scot he was badmouthing?

His 2017 teammate was Pat Holtz...5 time Scottish champion.
Maybe he didn't directly want to call him out, but with the way the commentators zeroed in on Jayson hand picking his new teammate...and comments made...it doesn't sound good.

Edit....Holtz missed this shot when they were up 6-5 against England....

https://youtu.be/JEEmI7-wRo4. @ 1:12:47

It wasn't the worst miss, but that's what lead to England running out and then winning from there to advance.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With those 2, NOT a dark horse!

Charlie

Very true.

Filler and souquet looked solid.
Waiting to see what China A does as well.
Then there's Finland and Austria who've performed well at this tournament as of late.

This tournament is very fun for us spectators...all great players, but the uncertainty of how team play effects the outcome makes it so intriguing.

The short races and single elimination make it suspenseful as well.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of my favorite events, I enjoy it better than the Mosconi Cup. This is what pool in general is missing, home town teams to root for. Not a lot of people would know who Shane or Sky is, but US vs Finland they can get behind.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Geniepool's Youtube channel the only alternative to Direct TV? If so, make sure you thumbs up all videos on his site for this event.

If someone has a live link please post it up.

BTW, my money is on Russia.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Geniepool's Youtube channel the only alternative to Direct TV? If so, make sure you thumbs up all videos on his site for this event.

If someone has a live link please post it up.

BTW, my money is on Russia.

check the streaming forum tonight when Day 2 goes live and there will probably be live tv links of English feeds like for last night and this morning's sessions.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shanghai is 12 hours difference from Washington DC....
I didn't know and just looked it up in case anyone is curious.

Sessions are at 13:30 and 19:00

So I'm assuming 1:30 am and 7 am east coast time.

Also, were the earlier matches posted anywhere? Genipool14 only has the evening session from day 1.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They say the UK and USA are separated by a common language.
Well, the gap is lessening.

I actually heard a commentator with a British accent call a 7-9 a combination...
...I’m used to them calling it a plant.