Trouble with extreme right or left English...

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I have this problem, its much easier for me and more natural to play right english than left, I also noticed that if I miss its usually thin for cuts to the left and thick for cuts to right.

So Gene, can you help me?

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that we have returned to the original topic: I am right handed and right eye dominant - I have an easy time getting maximum right english, but often only get about 50% of that when trying to hit with maximum left English. It just seems natural when hitting right English and I can maintain a loose grip with good acceleration through the cueball. Hitting left English just doesn’t seem as natural - really have to force myself to get far enough to the left and stay loose through the shot.
So I also want to hear if Geno has some good advice on this topic

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Now that we have returned to the original topic: I am right handed and right eye dominant - I have an easy time getting maximum right english, but often only get about 50% of that when trying to hit with maximum left English. It just seems natural when hitting right English and I can maintain a loose grip with good acceleration through the cueball. Hitting left English just doesn’t seem as natural - really have to force myself to get far enough to the left and stay loose through the shot.
So I also want to hear if Geno has some good advice on this topic
While we wait for Geno...

Have you tried anything to fix it? Maybe looking at the CB during the shot stroke? Or exaggerating the tip offset to the left?

pj
chgo