adams cues, the new balabushka??

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
That's the oddest joint I've ever seen on an Adam cue. I can't guess what that cue has been through but that joint has my curiosity going.

Besides that, I can't laugh at the guy, especially this time of year. I feel badly that he needs a place to live, can't pay his bills, and seems to really think his $150 cue is worth thousands.

Last edited:

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
i have an old 70s adam, i paid $75 and it plays like its $3500, no joke. I am saving it as a future refinish/rebuild project, it was worth every penny. 40 plus years old and dead straight. in respond to the OP, I think its funny that people still get took or try to take people for a fool in the Internet age, but hey, you never know. Obviously you were looking at craigslist to see if there was a fool looking to part a $3500 cue for $75, that's just my guess, every coin has two sides:p either way, if you can get a hold of one of these old adams for a few bucks, I promise you it will become your player. good cue for the money.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously you were looking at craigslist to see if there was a fool looking to part a $3500 cue for $75, that's just my guess, every coin has two sides:p .

Or I typed in "pool cue" in craigslist because I have an empty slot in my rack:cool: but when I came across this I did start looking into old Adams and read a lot of good things, and came across one style that I really like the looks of an will keep an eye out for, came across one in perfect condition looks like it had never been used in an equally old case, but 1800 for a wall stick...I'll find a used one for 200 lol

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you would like a serious collector's viewpoint, call Dick Abbott. He is the connoisseur.

dick@billiardcue.com

I think the joint is similar to the old Schmelke... He will know.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It's Adam, not Adams.
That looks nowhere near his pipe dream price.
There were great cues though.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
The guy who listed this cue on Craigslist is obviously on crack. There has never been, and never will be an Adams cue worth that kind of money! LOL :eek: :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Maybe a few....or one, but I understand your point, Scott. :)

cue775-2.jpg

cue775.jpg

mosconi-cue.jpg

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay Cuaddict, just because I'm in a generous mood, I will give you 200 bucks for it, in partially crinkled bills

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe it is an adam a-23 (third cue from the right) altho it would be nice to see a picture of the entire butt under the wrap to see if there are inlays. the rings are the same and the points look the same:

3b_zps86bc83e2.jpg

adam did use a joint like that, i have an adam with that joint:

shafts_zps61b411e4.jpg

of course, the value is no where near what is listed.

guy

rennerb6

Banned
Pretty nice old Adams.! In '73-74 I bought a near top of line Adams. Shaft didn't have a straight spine. Leaned it' against the table 'like an amateur. It slid, hit tile floor at pool hall. Broke the Shaft two places. Cues belong flatly on the felt. Ha 😤! Lesson learned