The most expensive cue in the world....

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
In general the most expensive cues in the world are garbage. The either can't be played with like this one or they're just an ornate piece of crap like a couple of others I can think of.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but the three cues that I know of that had the highest price tags (three different cuemakers) are very playable.

Freddie

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why you always editing, jrosa?

Let us have our entertainment.
I deleted it because I had checked "Quote message in reply" when I wanted it as a stand alone comment.
Then I was interrupted, so didn't post a comment. So for your enjoyment, here goes ~

"I'm glad my McDermott D-1 was built before this"!

Thanks BB, I'm highly amused with your comments also, this is a fun forum!

Last edited:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep, its in my collection......

Attachments

• collection-of-medieval-suits-of-armour-and-weapons-at-the-royal-museum-EKR704.jpg
    collection-of-medieval-suits-of-armour-and-weapons-at-the-royal-museum-EKR704.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 243

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Post some legitimate 150K+ cues, I know they are out there.

Thomas Wayne - Celtic Prince
Bob Meucci - Taj Majal
Mike Lambros - Dragon Cue

All into the six figures. All are very playable cues. The Dragon Cue hit just like any Mike Lambros Cue.

Freddie

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dumbest cue ever.

At the ICCS show, Richard Black had a joint protector on a pedestal. It was insanely fancy. He wants someone to commission a cue to go with the joint protector. He wants $200,000. I would suspect with all the precious metals, jewels and stuff he will need to use it will weigh 30 ounces or more and be completely unplayable. That type of cue holds no interest to me, Cues need to be functional art IMO. Wouldnt Mizzeraks Bushka be worth six figures?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I thought it would be a good break cue, ill be listing it soon....or doing a raffle with 15,001 tickets at $10 per

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like it better with Irish linen, but
it's okay. What does the case look like ?
I wonder if DEANOC could sell it without pictures ?
jack

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder if it rolls straight together and apart? I also like a forward balance on my player.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thomas Wayne - Celtic Prince
Bob Meucci - Taj Majal
Mike Lambros - Dragon Cue

All into the six figures. All are very playable cues. The Dragon Cue hit just like any Mike Lambros Cue.

Freddie

I’ve seen the Celtic Prince and the Taj Mahal.
...this is the Lambros Dragon Cue.....wow

E2D94727-2195-41F4-9C5A-8CA78E132B86.jpeg

A0BDD72C-A377-4E80-A90A-763D690A20C3.jpeg

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Okay....how did this monster come into being? Many years ago when the pool boom took off, McDermott was the only American manufacturer that could meet the growing demand for pool cues at the time. They put on 2-3 shifts of workers and delivered product way ahead of all the others that were not prepared to spend the $$$ it would take to rebuild their inventories.

Jim McDermott's timing could not have been better. He had just built a manufacturing plant that would be a cue makers wet dream.

He had master machinists, computer programmers, and an artist or two that were always coming up with new design concepts. One particular artist was Roy Nehs....who had his own studio in the plant where he was in charge of most of the ad copy, monthly news letters and magazines that came pouring out of the facility.

There were stacks and stacks of cue renderings that Roy would bring to Jim's desk for approval or rejection. That is why in the 80's and 90's you could recognize a McD from across the room. If Jim had seen a particular design that he had seen before by another maker, it was almost always
rejected.

I used to take several trips a year to the factory to pick out some nice pieces and would have free access to 5 thousand or so cues that would be in stock. During one of these trips, Roy gave us a tour of his studio and the story of the Intimadator cue.

In one stack of rejected cue designs, some of which were quite beautiful and innovative, was a pencil sketch of the afformentioned cue. Jim asked Roy what it was, and his reply was......Oh it is just a fantasy that I dreamed up....but we could never build anything like that. BAM....the gauntlet was thrown. Never tell Jim that he couldn't build something.

And the rest is history.....a famous knife maker was brought in and the cue became reality.