Another "Table on carpet thread"

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Floor is cement. Having a low pile rug layed with padding. After a 1000 lb or more table is installed should it be ok? I'm assuming there is no settling. Down is down...or does the table settle slightly after a short time and need a reset? Thanks

edit... Just gave thought to using RKC's protect the rug device. It would protect rug and hold the table steady.... I think the spikes go through the rug and contact floor? That being the case there is no rug to settle on? Make sense?

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might get a better response posting this in the Mechanic's section. IMO, there shouldn't be any additional settling once the full weight of the table is on the feet.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You might get a better response posting this in the Mechanic's section. IMO, there shouldn't be any additional settling once the full weight of the table is on the feet.

Hi ...Reason I did not post on that thread is I believe it's for mech to mech conversations.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your not worried about the imprint from the feet of the table then don't worry about what RKC does and no dissing RKC! If your not worried about the imprint just put it right down on the carpet! But, if you dont want the imprint then do what RKC does that's what I did I put mine up on the nail pads and give a little time to settle bt it doesn't take much time!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If your not worried about the imprint from the feet of the table then don't worry about what RKC does and no dissing RKC! If your not worried about the imprint just put it right down on the carpet! But, if you dont want the imprint then do what RKC does that's what I did I put mine up on the nail pads and give a little time to settle bt it doesn't take much time!

Not concerned with imprint.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=285910&highlight=carpet

Check out this thread. I made the nailed feet based on Glenn's recommendations. I had them under the table for about 5 years, before my carpet was changed out for wood. They did protect the carpet, and I never had any table level issues in 5 years.

That said, it was a lot of work to make (the way I did anyway). I don't know if I'd make them again, especially if I didn't care about the carpet. The place I'm at was a rental, and I figured if I damaged the carpet with permanent imprints, they'd charge me for it.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after 5 years in a rental it has to be considered normal wear and tear and best business practice to recarpet after 5 at the owners cost not the renter back to the feet if not worried then down on the carpet I just made 4 and it is a lot of work.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after 5 years in a rental it has to be considered normal wear and tear and best business practice to recarpet after 5 at the owners cost not the renter back to the feet if not worried then down on the carpet I just made 4 and it is a lot of work.

True, but when I moved in, the carpet was brand new, and I didn't know if I'd be there one year or 10. 7 years later I'm still here:)