John Schmidt 626 video Nov. 21 - semi-public (tickets required) viewing

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually no, Jon. The money from Bob and Mark was extended for several years, and got added into an even larger fund that totaled $100K. The hitch was that it had to be done on a specific table in a private home in TX (absolute premium table, that I've played on, btw). The host was to provide video recording capability, and I'm guessing would get to decide what to do with the video. For whatever reason JS either decided to go a different route...or the offer was withdrawn by the host. Either way JS beat the record soundly, and enough people will likely get to see it, to make the haters go away. How much compensation he ends up with remains to be seen. I hope he makes a ton of money. No matter what, he's in the history books forever!

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Thanks for clarifying Scott.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys floor me. One of the greatest accomplishments in sport so far this century, and all you can do is hate. It boggles my mind. I thought for sure that this would be something the pool community could rally around.

Shows what I know.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little green men landed on my lawn today and I can't get rid of them. They are outside now, running all around my house, yelling my name (How did they know?). I called the police and told them little green men had me surrounded and they laughed at me.

I've got an idea. I'll see if any of them want to play pool. That should scare them off! :nanner:

Patrick Johnson will be good with all that because there is no reason to question.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Little green men landed on my lawn today and I can't get rid of them. They are outside now, running all around my house, yelling my name (How did they know?). ...
Are you sure they're not lizards trying to sell you insurance? Insurance companies know everything about you.:yes:

Bob <-- doesn't have lizard insurance

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You guys floor me. One of the greatest accomplishments in sport so far this century, and all you can do is hate. It boggles my mind. I thought for sure that this would be something the pool community could rally around.

Shows what I know.

I just want to remind you that JS gets the popular vote by far.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little green men landed on my lawn today and I can't get rid of them. They are outside now, running all around my house, yelling my name (How did they know?). I called the police and told them little green men had me surrounded and they laughed at me.

I've got an idea. I'll see if any of them want to play pool. That should scare them off! :nanner:

You think that's bad you should see what the big green men look like. Be thankful you got the little version.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you sure they're not lizards trying to sell you insurance? Insurance companies know everything about you.:yes:

Bob <-- doesn't have lizard insurance

I won't buy Life Insurance. Why would I want to bet that I'm going to die sooner with someone who is betting that I will live a little longer?
I'm betting against myself!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, but others say they have - people with much more credibility than those who say they've seen little green men. Being equally skeptical of both would indicate a serious lack of judgment on my part.

pj
chgo

oh well, shoot.

I guess those two kids that were running through my neighborhood on Halloween dressed as Yoda, and seen by dozens of folks, never happened ‘cause Mr. Science says so, lol.

Lou Figueroa

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used to point that out to people

I won't buy Life Insurance. Why would I want to bet that I'm going to die sooner with someone who is betting that I will live a little longer?
I'm betting against myself!

I used to point that out to people all the time. The statistics say you should live "X" number of years longer. The insurance company is taking the long side and you are betting you won't live as long as the statistics say you should!

Funniest time, I had a not really fat but massive friend with a very round moon face. He came strutting into my place one day in the nineteen eighties. He had bought $35,000 worth of life insurance, if he died Momma Kat was set for life! I pointed out he was betting he would die young but then I added that before he was cold some young hard leg would be eating his food, drinking his whiskey, spending all that money, and wallowing in bed with Momma Kat.

When he got up to leave I swear that his cheeks were hanging down so far that his jowls, that he didn't even normally have, were swinging back and forth like a bulldog's in a cartoon!

Genuinely a little curious: Is the js show going on? Did john get stage fright? Did they find eighteen minutes of video missing? Was the show canceled for lack of interest? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hu

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to point that out to people all the time. The statistics say you should live "X" number of years longer. The insurance company is taking the long side and you are betting you won't live as long as the statistics say you should!

Funniest time, I had a not really fat but massive friend with a very round moon face. He came strutting into my place one day in the nineteen eighties. He had bought $35,000 worth of life insurance, if he died Momma Kat was set for life! I pointed out he was betting he would die young but then I added that before he was cold some young hard leg would be eating his food, drinking his whiskey, spending all that money, and wallowing in bed with Momma Kat.

When he got up to leave I swear that his cheeks were hanging down so far that his jowls, that he didn't even normally have, were swinging back and forth like a bulldog's in a cartoon!

Genuinely a little curious: Is the js show going on? Did john get stage fright? Did they find eighteen minutes of video missing? Was the show canceled for lack of interest? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hu

With 500 shows under their belt, how could they mess up their flagship engagement? We got 6 hours before the first reports start coming in.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to remind you that JS gets the popular vote by far.

I would like the video to be easier to acquire at some point. I know it's something they have to be careful with, only get one shot sorta (no pun intended....well, maybe a little).

As for John Schmidt being popular amongst the masses? You darn skippy he is. I've heard some extremely low level league players, as well as, a few very well known strong as they come players mention how they are curious about the video.

I might add, none of those players were 14.1 players but, they still showed a lot of interest.

I may have just be lucky and that was the only mention of him that entire month. Then again, they may talk about him and his great accomplishment very often.

Jeff

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I would like the video to be easier to acquire at some point. I know it's something they have to be careful with, only get one shot sorta (no pun intended....well, maybe a little).

As for John Schmidt being popular amongst the masses? You darn skippy he is. I've heard some extremely low level league players, as well as, a few very well known strong as they come players mention how they are curious about the video.

I might add, none of those players were 14.1 players but, they still showed a lot of interest.

I may have just be lucky and that was the only mention of him that entire month. Then again, they may talk about him and his great accomplishment very often.

Jeff

I’d like to see it on vimeo or something similar...where I can watch it in a few sessions.
...wouldn’t sit for hours as a one time thing.
Predator has deep pockets...how about putting John on salary and open the tape as a
promotional thing?

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Hu

Also curious...According to the flyer, it's almost over....quiet as a church mouse...:shrug::scratchhead:

attachment.php

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another evening with John and the 626 video -- December 8 at The Billiard Factory in Jacksonville, FL. $100 (includes dinner, with wine).

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another evening with John and the 626 video -- December 8 at The Billiard Factory in Jacksonville, FL. $100 (includes dinner, with wine).

Any word on how the first one went?

Is it $100 because the first one did poorly and now he has to make up for it, or because it went so well and he wants to take advantage.