Belt size

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. Does anyone know what size belt is used on a Cuesmith Deluxe? I'm coring Dymondwood and the regular lathe belts keep snapping. I'm trying to order industrial sewing machine belts (That's the kind of motor I just installed.) I'm still using the regular lathe pulleys. When I attempted to order the new kind of v-belts, they said I need to specify length and width. Thanks in advance for any help.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Belt

Yes I can measure it. I just was trying to get a jump on ordering it in the middle of the night. My project is dead in the water without it. Plus - I didn't know if you measure the whole circumference of the belt, or the half length?

JC

Coos Cues
Hey Brad are you sure nothing else is wrong? Alignment? Tension? I have been coring wood with my first deluxe for several years and it's still got the same belt on it which was well used when I got the lathe.

Some wood is really hard to core. Marble wood is the worst I've personally run into.

JC

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Brad are you sure nothing else is wrong? Alignment? Tension? I have been coring wood with my first deluxe for several years and it's still got the same belt on it which was well used when I got the lathe.

Some wood is really hard to core. Marble wood is the worst I've personally run into.

JC

Also if the belt is slipping and getting hot it would lead to failure.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. Does anyone know what size belt is used on a Cuesmith Deluxe? I'm coring Dymondwood and the regular lathe belts keep snapping. I'm trying to order industrial sewing machine belts (That's the kind of motor I just installed.) I'm still using the regular lathe pulleys. When I attempted to order the new kind of v-belts, they said I need to specify length and width. Thanks in advance for any help.

2L200 is the size belt. Which means 2L type and 20 inch length.