Mosconi Cup Watching Live

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the Matchroon website they say the Mosconi Cup is available on DAZN for those living in the U.S. I live in the U.S. They also say for countries not listed, then the cup can be viewed on facebook live.

I take this to mean that if you live in the U.S., then you will not be able to view the stream live on facebook. Does anyone know if this is the correct interpretation?

kollegedave

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
On the Matchroon website they say the Mosconi Cup is available on DAZN for those living in the U.S. I live in the U.S. They also say for countries not listed, then the cup can be viewed on facebook live.

I take this to mean that if you live in the U.S., then you will not be able to view the stream live on facebook. Does anyone know if this is the correct interpretation?

kollegedave

I canceled my dazn the other day not realizing how close MC was lol. I forgot to cancel it long ago and have been wasting the service. Now it ends the 25th of this month.

From what I remember of last year it was also on Facebook so it didn’t really matter.

Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I canceled my dazn the other day not realizing how close MC was lol. I forgot to cancel it long ago and have been wasting the service. Now it ends the 25th of this month.

From what I remember of last year it was also on Facebook so it didn’t really matter.
No; if it was on FB, it was a pirated stream. Let’s support the official channel

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year the official stream was on Facebook in the US and other places where they didn’t have an arrangement with a sports network. Since then - maybe with the US Open? - they have an arrangement with DAZN for their pool events in the US and most of Europe.

It’s a good deal - for $20 you get the Mosconi cup live and the recordings, plus all the other events that are available on DAZN for the month.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reactivated DAZN for this event - looking forward to it. Not big on the pirates, but that's me.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I was watching on my phone last year the first two days and then the third day I think it was I found a way to throw it to the tv.

Can't remember how that went. Somebody posted a link in the comments on FB I think.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
No; if it was on FB, it was a pirated stream. Let’s support the official channel

The official channel that charges Americans and no one else.
They must have paid someone to have exclusive rights to raping us yanks.
The damn match is one state away but I have a job...
Thanks to all the pirates in advance.

Also,
Last year the FB stream was the legal way for us to watch and the reason I had a bogus face space acct created for me.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also,
Last year the FB stream was the legal way for us to watch and the reason I had a bogus face space acct created for me

That’s not true, people are charged in all of the following countries, either through their TV package or separately via DAZN, who is not US-only, as the list below shows it covers the largest number of countries.

Sky Sports | UK & Ireland
DAZN | USA, Italy, Spain, Japan, Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Brazil
Fox Sports Australia
Fox Sports Europe | Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Malta, Israel
I-Cable| Hong Kong
Nova | Czech Republic, Slovakia
Sky Sports New Zealand
Ziggo | Netherlands
Viasat | Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Bulgaria
TV Play | Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
Pragosport | Hungary
Match TV | Russia

Let’s not justify ripping off the best event and promoters in pool with BS arguments like this.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Also,
Last year the FB stream was the legal way for us to watch and the reason I had a bogus face space acct created for me.
It looks like most viewing regions are paying. Sky Sports in the UK is not a free service so far as I can tell. It's about $40/month but it looks like there are also premium add-ons. On sale now at $20/month.

DAZN also covers Canada, Brazil, Germany, Spain .... so you don't have to feel singled out.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year, I watched -- and shared -- the FB and YouTube pirated live streams, but I will not watch them this year.

I think it's important to support Matchroom in this endeavor. I did not realize the consequences of sharing the pirated streams last year, but somebody in pool's fourth estate explained to me why it is not good. I agree.

I am a strong supporter of pool and its future, and I think Matchroom is leading the way. In this regard, I'm going to pay the double sawbuck and enjoy pool at its finest. It will be fun to watch the Americans kick those blue-blooded European butts and send them home crying. :grin-square:

It will only hurt a little bit, Team Europe. :p

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year, I watched -- and shared -- the FB and YouTube pirated live streams, but I will not watch them this year.

I think it's important to support Matchroom in this endeavor. I did not realize the consequences of sharing the pirated streams last year, but somebody in pool's fourth estate explained to me why it is not good. I agree.

I am a strong supporter of pool and its future, and I think Matchroom is leading the way. In this regard, I'm going to pay the double sawbuck and enjoy pool at its finest. It will be fun to watch the Americans kick those blue-blooded European butts and send them home crying. :grin-square:

hey JAM, you better start preparing that cranberry jam cuz come thanksgiving you'll need that comfort food!

:thumbup:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey JAM, you better start preparing that cranberry jam cuz come thanksgiving you'll need that comfort food!

:thumbup:

Hahahaha! We shall see. :grin-square:

I think I know who the weak link is on each team. I'm not going to say, but I'm pretty sure I know. :p

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In all sincerity. I really like this post, and am glad to hear you understand the importance of people actually buying the stream.

Dusty5150

Registered
I just signed up for DAZN for NFL this season, so I'm super stoked that Mosconi Cup is on there! Not to mention the countless hours of snooker to catch up on, OMG!

Can't wait for next week, Go Europe!

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
OP mentioned FB Live in other countries, which I assume is free.
That is why I was angered by charging the country actually playing in, and hosting the event.

On a side note, these private streams will never grow interest in pool. 100% of subscribers to the stream are already involved in the game. At least if it was on facespace new people may see it and gain interest. I know cable is a pipe dream but to strictly PPV an event like this sucks. I have said I would like to see a way to donate money to support the US team. Allowing them to play pool full time for a couple/few months leading up to the event would raise their games and make it more competitive every year. I'm not cheap, I just do not like to support the greedy.