Triangle-LePro.......??

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I stopped using the triumphs after having 3 in a row fall of the red pad while shaping them right after install. I also had quite a few fail the same way in the field, so I threw the remaining box away and moved on to other tips.
Dave

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why is it that something sounds like straight bullshit?

le pro is a inconsistent tip, they glaze quickly, I know I didn't have a bad box, unless I hit the cosmic butt fk lottery with 3 boxes. All the same, some hard as a rock that when you try to cut and shape the edges on a fresh install it's so damn hard it powders off as if you're using like a chisel on granite. this is done by hand if it were a machining lathe then obviously the lathe doesn't care what tip it is.

then you have the opposite end of the spectrum with the pro for some are like a fibrous type old cardboard and you can clearly see it you can clearly hear it when you cut through the edges with a razor blade and sure enough your instinct is telling you I don't think this tip is going to last very long and within a few days it breaks off.

but triangle I've been through five boxes and every tip I've encountered has a spectrum range of what I call on a bounce test some reverberate on a tinny type sound to a slightly Tanny type sound. there is also a range of different dimple patterns and various other sort of patterns and running my tests between tinny and Tammy and dimple patterns and other slightly various patterns I found that no matter what they all play the same and last just as long as any other one.

perhaps I hit the reverse but **** cosmic lottery and happen to find five boxes with 50 tips in each in which out of 250 I found one accordion style marshmallow that if I put on your tip, you would take me to small claims court and sue me for fraud saying he did not put a triangle tip on my stick.

I emailed the company yesterday and within a few hours maybe less they replied back. and my email to them was about a lot of personal stuff in their manufacturing process cuz I want to know how do they produce a tip is it punched is it pressed is it a blend of different materials with a catalyst and I got my answers.

so when I read some of the threads in this post to me it sounds like somebody just trying to play or hate on triangle I've never heard a bad word about triangle until this thread maybe you got unlucky welcome to the cosmic but **** roulette wheel.

(shrug)

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I may be called out for this comment but I use both LePros and Triangles on my cues and I like both the same. I couldn't tell you which cue has which kind of tip. Both play fine to me. I feel like once they get used a bit, they "settle in."

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle to me has a quieter softer hit.. they seem to hold chalk better than lepro. U have to cherry pick either box for good ones .
out of a 50 box plan on throwing out 25 or just give them away to the pool hall or friends..

***I cut about 25 percent of either tip off after gluing and shape from their. They both mushroom but cutting them down in height minimizes this (u can also smack them with a hammer a few times before installing i dont have the patience for pressing :) ).... i dont know if it really does anything but i dont have to keep trimming the sides of the tip ... vs just slapping one on and shaping it as is and gives a better hit imo.

Both of these tips are better than any layered tip period. If u don't mind doing some maintenance once in a while. Layered tips are all hype. They look good and are a little more consistent quality control. (They gloss over way more and they sound funny)

a good lepro or triangle that's been played in and maintained absolutely plays 100% better than any layered tip.

slim123

I've seen both labeled as being the harder tip. Based on recent samples which tip is considered the harder one? Is it really much different? Thinking about going back to a solid tip for one of my cues and was curious as to why the different ratings. Thanx.
I've used triangles for quite a few years, they are dependable, lepro are garbage, and what's even more ironic, they are both made by tweeten

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of amature pro and money games have been won using good old lepro tips. If u get a real good one they are tuff to beat

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I've put on a bunch of Ultra Skins for our cues at home and a couple of friends, and I'm comfortable with that, and feel I get a predictable result. Tomorrow though, a friend is coming over to have a tip put on, and he wants a Triangle. I have some of them that I ordered along with another order I had made, but with all this talk of sorting them, how would I go about doing that, or do I just install one and see how it shapes, and base my opinion from there, and if I don't like it, cut it off and try another.

PracticeChampion

So, I've put on a bunch of Ultra Skins for our cues at home and a couple of friends, and I'm comfortable with that, and feel I get a predictable result. Tomorrow though, a friend is coming over to have a tip put on, and he wants a Triangle. I have some of them that I ordered along with another order I had made, but with all this talk of sorting them, how would I go about doing that, or do I just install one and see how it shapes, and base my opinion from there, and if I don't like it, cut it off and try another.
Yep... I've tried every way known to man to find a good lepro, it's 99% a guessing game

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never did get that tip put on yet. Right after I posted, we got hit with a massive freezing rain, and then 10" of snow. We were without power for almost two days with only one little 1500 watt generator. Was always going to buy a big generator but never did, boy did I hear about it this time from the wife. After a day of no power, and our little space heater not keeping up, I hot wired the generator to the furnace, should have done that right away. Anyway, we survived, power is back on, and if my friend makes it over today I'll put that tip on.

Attachments

• 20221217_095644.jpg
    20221217_095644.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 28

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Never did get that tip put on yet. Right after I posted, we got hit with a massive freezing rain, and then 10" of snow. We were without power for almost two days with only one little 1500 watt generator. Was always going to buy a big generator but never did, boy did I hear about it this time from the wife. After a day of no power, and our little space heater not keeping up, I hot wired the generator to the furnace, should have done that right away. Anyway, we survived, power is back on, and if my friend makes it over today I'll put that tip on.
Buy a Generac whole house unit. The wait gets longer and the price keeps going up.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, that would be nice, but they want 13k to put one in. The unit I can buy for 6k, so 7 thousand for a one to two day install, is just too much. Would be nice though. The guy I'm putting the tip on for, is having a retired heating/cooling guy install one for him for about $1500 labor. I might have him ask if he would do it for me for 2 grand or so. I probably will just get a 7500 watt gen for now, that's only $850 and I already have a 220 outlet in my garage that I can plug it into. That would be enough power for my minimum needs and only thing I would need to do is shut the main breaker off.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ya, that would be nice, but they want 13k to put one in. The unit I can buy for 6k, so 7 thousand for a one to two day install, is just too much. Would be nice though. The guy I'm putting the tip on for, is having a retired heating/cooling guy install one for him for about $1500 labor. I might have him ask if he would do it for me for 2 grand or so. I probably will just get a 7500 watt gen for now, that's only $850 and I already have a 220 outlet in my garage that I can plug it into. That would be enough power for my minimum needs and only thing I would need to do is shut the main breaker off.
Cover yourself whatever you do. The weather gets brutal. Ours is natural gas feed. 22kGenerac... close to $15000

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend just came over, tips on, shaped it just like I do with the ultraskins. Not real impressed as the radius came out a little rough/stringy. Hit it with some 220 while it was on the lathe, and still rough compared to what I am used to. He's going to take it home and practice with it for a bit, and I told him if he didn't like it, I would put on another one, or just put on a ultraskin. maybe I just screwed up as a cue I received from a high end maker a while back, had one on, and it was great.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I recently bought a used cue lathe that came with a bunch of tips. Included was a bag of about 10 LePro tips. While the diameters are all the same at about 13mm, the appearance difference between them all is quite significant. They don't even look like the same product. I'm seriously considering the trash bin for the whole lot of them.